Ms. Tkr

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello I had a ( R) tkr done Jan. 2016 the surgery went well as well as physical therapy... I had the left knee done Jan.2017 surgery went well, but PT is horrible started out with ROM at 68 on my own. The only way I can get my knee to bend to 80-85 ROM the therapist has to push my leg ..in March they suggested manuplication but my doctor states to keep doing pt which is horrible now because they have done suction cups therapy, laser, and I have gotten on a mat on my knees trying to snap the adhesion, but nothing. I am depress and I feel as if nobody wants to listen when I try to tell them that my knee want bend please help!!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi i had my left TKR 28th feb 2017 when i started my pyhsio my bend was 50 going up to 55 but like yourself when the physio wastrying to get bend it was so painful for me so he couldint get bend i needed my 6 weeks app at hospital was cancelled and i went on my 13th week the person i saw said t 13 weeks 55 bend disappointing and so im getting manipulation 18th july not looking forward to it but to be honest bend is my only problem i feel quite well otherwise,im now getting gentle physio to keep me ticking by and will go back to guy physio after my manipulation he's the one who deals in bend he said to me sometimes if your not getting bend by now its your leg telling you its not going to budge itself,have you had your 6 weeks app back at hospital,im in uk,

• Posted

Yes and before my surgery my left knee was 68 ROM so my orthopedic doctor said if my ROM was at 68 there is a chance it will get better... Praying!!!
    • Posted

Hi i was at hospital to see surgeon yesterday before i get my manipulation my ROM 55 he said we should get it to 90 then iv to go for intense physio so when you think about it you'r not far off 90 it is hard but keep going hopefully ur ROM will get better,good luck x

• Posted

I've read so many posts where people had completely different experiences with each knee.  Sorry about this one.

Yes, the PT puts your heel up on a block and pushes down on the knee.  Had that done 2x/week for 10 weeks but went from -14 / +84 all the way to -1 / +123.  It's brutal (take some meds 1 hour before the session) but it works.  I'd give it a little more time but at 5 months post-op you just may need the MUA which lots of people find solves the problem.  This is NOT easy.  Hang in there...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.