MS, Vitamin Deficiency, or Anxiety?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Please have my apologies for asking what I feel must be blatantly obvious to everyone here, but I have some concerns that I would really appreciate the reassurance on...

While I'm persistent on looking into blood tests and will be asking another medical professional about potential health concerns, my latest 'fear' IS MS.

I've had low vitamin B12 on/off for quite some time, so I'm not unfamiliar with its symptoms, same with low vitamin D and extreme stress/anxiety/depression/etc. Last I was made aware though, my b12 returned to 'normal' levels and I left what was a very abusive and therefore stressful situation.

Still though, these concerns keep coming back to me.

I went to a clinic yesterday for a brief examination, and while I walked out with just Amoxicillin and no diagnosis whatsoever, I found myself with no relief and even MORE panic than I had previously. The symptoms I've been having though are

Has anyone had the same list of symptoms I do, and found out they were all related to anxiety? I'll post them below, but I would really like some reassurance...

-One side of the face on/off puffy + warm

-On/off ear ache/throat pain

-One leg feels rather heavy/weighted

-Burning sensation from inside out

-Sharp chest pain, even after taking a medicine you know you've taken before with no complications

-Chills to 'hot flashes'

-On/off feeling of 'burnt tongue', kinda tingly...

-Ofc, shortness of breath and difficulty eating

-Specifically the teeth feeling heavy when eating

-Lack of bowel movements

-Pain in chest, both center and sides/under arms. Both sharp and dull at varying times/intensities.

My vision too has been a bit questionable, although I tend to avoid wearing my glasses so that might be the cause.

I do have a tendency to work myself up into a panic, and the best I could rationalize my symptoms would be sinusitus + ear infection, considering the clinic doctor did say my ear was a bit red, although she didn't check my sinuses at all + my throat/gums looked fine. My anxiety too often times mimics what I'm afraid of--which...coincidentally, is everything and anything.

For clarification, I'm 17, female, have no known family history of MS, and I'm apparently 'constantly' stressed despite being unable to tell the difference.

Any input to ease my worries would be appreciated...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I'm sorry that you're dealingwith so much anxiety, it must be quite a difficult thing to have to live with.

Regarding MS, while I can't, categorically say that you don't have it, the list of symptoms you've given don't, fit at all well, with any description of MS that I've ever heard or read about, it definitely doesn't fit with my set of symptoms (I have MS).

It could be worth asking about possibly being referred for some kind of cognitive behavioural therapy, to help you find coping strategies for dealing with your anxiety. I do hope that you find something to help you feel better really soon.

By the way, you don't need to apologise for seeking support, here, it's what leads most of us here for. Take care.

• Posted

I would agree it doesnt really sound symptomatically MS in nature.  The only MS symptom I have experienced is a numb tongue and side of face and sharp pains in arms/legs along with numbness but that doesnt really follow the rest of what you describe.

Of course i am sorry too to hear you have been dealing with this and anxiety; I was first considering anxiety or panic disorders for myself at first and it almost sounds like a panic attack can cause many of those symptoms too.

I have a friend with a panic disorder and he described to me it felt like he was having a heart attack so i dont know if that bears any merit.

In any event you could ask for an MRI to rule out MS if it helps ease your mind.  its a fairly easy painless test to check your brain.

• Posted

Wendy, Jared, I appreiciate you both taking the time to reply! I do feel like I'm intruding a place in which I have no right to be considering I appear to lack the symptoms, so...I guess that's why I was apologizing? It's a trend of mine to apologize for most of what I do, haha...

I'm scheduling an appointment as soon as I can for more tests--at the very least just a check up and/or blood tests. Lately I've been finding it hard to breathe and eat and have had facial numbness/burning limbs which makes it quite difficult to relax.. I've even had panic attacks for seemingly no reason!! I do have therapy tomorrow though, so I'll see if I can discuss this there or am in a better position to talk.

Again, thank you so much for replying. I really appreciate it smile

• Posted

We ALL have a right to use this site, one of the main purposes of it is to help anyone who isn't sure what's wrong with them.

As far as apologising for nothing... I'm a brit... and like many brits, I have a tendency to apologise, when I haven't done anything wrong.

Coincidentally, it's worth seeing what other medical conditions are here, like anxiety, perhaps. But, if you keep wondering if MS is a possibility, keep using the MS header.

I hope you feel better soon though. 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.