MSM

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone on here has tried MSM for Rheumatoid and if it was beneficial?

I realise there are lots of internet and You tube articles/advice re the benefits but I'd really like to hear from my fellow sufferers regarding their own experience of using same.

Looking forward  to hearing your comments,

Many thanks in advance  confused

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What is MSM?
    • Posted

It's a supplement River, you can get it from Holland and Barrett and other places.

• Posted

Hi river22,

Yes, it's a supplement, Methylsulfonylmethane. It is supposed to be good for arthritis pain and swelling among other things.

It would be great to hear from anyone who uses it.

Seemingly it is best to take it in crystal form as opposed to tablet or capsule form.

Many thanks.

• Posted

Hi goggi,

my hubby saw an article on MSM and said he will look into the pros and cons of it for me.  It will be interesting to hear other opinions. 

• Posted

Thanks sukes, 

My biggest problem by far is the hair loss not to mention the neverending fatigue. If I could believe that MSM is as good as people are saying I would give it a go. I've lost count at this stage of the amount of supplements etc I've tried all to no avail.

Again many thanks  confused

• Posted

I am also keen to try MSM as despite being on methotrexate, I am still suffering, albeit not as bad as before I was put on the mediacation and changed my diet. As I've only been on the methotrexate for 4 months and have been told that it can take longer than this to become fully effective, my concern is that I wouldn't know whether the slight relief I get is from the MSM or finally the methotrexate! I think the same applies to any supplement. I have noticed a slight relief from taking tumeric and I have done a lot of research on. The combination of all this has been slight relief of the faigue and paindiet. Cutting out tomatoes, aubergines, peppers and potatoes is supposed to help, and I eat a lot of pineapple which is supposed to reduce inflamation. It's all very confusing and I would appreciate any other experiences and thoughts! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.