MSM eye drops

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone else used MSM eye drops to get rid of squiggly worm looking eye floaters... not the tiny black dot ones. Mine look like crystal squiggly worms in different shapes and sizes! Wish I never heard of RESTOR lens ?? I didn’t ask for them was told they were the best by the doctor that did my cateract surgery!! I’m so sad! 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I don't see how eye drops could help with floaters as floaters are material in the vitreous that throw shadows on the retina.  I think the only recognized treatments are vitrectomy and laser zapping, both of which carry risks.

• Posted

Thank you BobDob for taking your time to reply! Prayfully I need to be more patient and maybe more time is needed!
  • Posted

Hi Janice don’t be sad I think all the doctors have their favorites and they all say the same thing that there the best   I have the sympony toric and that was my doctors lens of choice I have floaters too. I’m just trying learn to adjust because the bottom line is there not our lens that we were born with and I don’t think any of them are going to be perfect. 

My right eye is 2 months and my left is 5 weeks and I still have floaters and still need readers for somethings but I feel like it’s getting a little better so I’m hoping after more time it will get better. I hope yours also will get better

• Posted

Thank you Frances for replying! I’m praying that more time will help me too! Seeing with a glare and crystal squiggly like worms is hard but maybe more time will help! Prayers for you too! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.