Mst and gabapentin

Posted , 3 users are following.

Coming off both mst and gabapentin I came off both these drugs two days ago 90mm of mst and 900mm of gabapentin how long does the withdrawal take I broke two vertebrae several years ago was on 8 co codomol for 6 years but they stopped working when I went on mst they worked for the pain at first but then started having strange symptoms severe headaches never had these headaches when I took co codomol

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

recommend  to TAPER very slow on gabapentin..you may want to rethink cold stop!!     this site offers info. basically reduce 10% per day..for 7 days MINIMUM, then another 10% until fully off.  too many side effects for many, be safe, and go sloe to avoid withdrawals too.  I also take 900mg a day, and will open the capsule, take to 1/3 from a 300mg cap..this is close to 11-12%  but easier to measure..   good luck.

ps some people do 10% reduction for a month before going down another 10%..depending on how sensitive you

are

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Hi Gavin your so close with mst mate .. I'm led to believe that 72 hours and your through the worst .. not sure about gaba..

Just hang in there mate . 2 days in how are you feeling 90mg of mst is a far dose and I would of thought you would of ha e some kind of withdraw..

Stay strong pal

Danny

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.