Mtx tablet form to Mtx injectionp

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

Ive been on mtx and humira for a long time for RA.

Just been put on to mtx injections rather than pills which ive been on for a lot of years.

Just wondering if anyones on the injections after being on the tablets and how its going.

Cheers

Gaz

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

HI, i also took Methotrexate tablets then switched to injections. i didn't notice any difference so went back to the pills after about 6 months of injections. Injections just made me nervous. No other reason.

• Posted

Gaz good morning, l have been on the injections for 1 year now l don't have any problems with the injections at all l find it much easier, with tablets l was always nausea now the only problem is this R A

• Posted

I'm on 15mg MTX pills. Did injections for a couple of years while I was having digestive issues but found it difficult while traveling and went back onto the pills which I've been taking for several years now.

The pills no longer bother me.

• Posted

Hi Gaz

From the start of my DMARDs treatment I had been having bad nausea and diarrhea following my weekly methotrexate doses. So about 4-5 months in to treatment I switched to injections. I have been doing those now for the last 18 months or more.

I have heard that some countries have them in a spring loaded pen style device, but in New Zealand they come as a preloaded syringe. They're ok. I am no fan of injecting myself but having got myself past the initial aversion/fear it is now a small thing to get over with and it has removed the stomach issues. I do a rotation of left thigh 1st week, right thigh 2nd week, 3rd week right stomach, 4th week left stomach and so on. Just following the instructions I was given.

I'm pretty poor at remembering stuff so I use a phone app called medisafe. There are a few of these types of thing about, that's just the one I have and I find it a great thing to just get a nudge for my various doses of stuff.

All the best with it.

• Posted

Hiya thanks for replying yeah its the pen type i'l be starting on next Tuesday.

So hopefully more beneficial than the pills. Its just trying something else really. Feel like the little dutch boy plugging the holes in the dam with his fingers to stop the water, but we play the hand were dealt i guess( no choice)

Cheers

Gaz

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.