MUA

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

I had an MUA yesterday as was only getting a 40 degree bend , im 11 weeks post TKR, apparently they got a bend of 130 which was great. I went to my PT today and only managed 90 , does it get better ?I've been exercising every hour to try and get more, it is very swollen and painful today but im determined not to let scar tissue kick in again .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I was 90 before, a month after MUA I am 120, still to improve hopefully.  Keep going.  Keep up those exercises but remember to ice rest & elevate too. Sharon 

• Posted

Hi Natalie043,

I had my MUA last Monday.  I was only getting a 76 degree bend, 7 weeks out.  My doctor also got my bend past 130 but in PT I'm only at 110, and with a lot of pain 115.  Just to warn you, 2 days after my MUA was very painful and lots of swelling.  I'm doing much better but it's still work.  Really anxious to be rid of the pain and bend my knee.  Best of luck, following your discussion.  

ps, one thing that has helped is wrapping my knee with an ace bandage and more icing

• Posted

Hi Natalie 4 mths after TKR I had manipulation which was 2 weeks ago ,my bend was 80 degrees 

surgeon manipulated and got 120 but said I would probably loose some and it would be about 110 

i went to see the physio few days later and he measured 90 , I must agree with Chris it has been painfull and still hard work getting the bend , I've been to physio today and measured 95 degrees and quite happy with that ,knowing my hard work is finally paying off  and so I will carry on with the exercise elevation and ice to get it right .

good luck xx

• Posted

“ICE” This is my 2nd right knee replacement. 2 1/2 months out, starting to feel great. Little pain. Aleve works good. I am now walking up a hill, yes painful, no pain no gain. After hip replacement 3 knee replacements, this time i feel great. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.