MUA

Posted , 5 users are following.

Going for an MUA tomorrow morning 21 months after TKR I'm absolutely terrified I rearly don't think they should of waited this long to perform this procedure but hey ho has anyone else on here had it done so long after knee replacement.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Wow, I had one four months after TKR. It was helpful along with a super good physical therapist. Good luck!

• Posted

I also had scar tissue removed. From the way my doctor talked he had doubts about MUA success after 4 months so it surprises me that you guys are having it even longer after.

• Posted

No, you have to do it. You won't regret it. I started PT the day after. 6 days a week for three weeks. I would not have recovered without this procedure, so I wish you the best. Let us know how you are.

• Posted

I had MUA 8 month post op. and it was a good thing. also did arthoscopic surgery to clean out scar tissue. Doc tried to do MUA before he did the surgery, and he could not. Was afraid he would break my leg. So, he then cleaned out the scar tissue. I saw the pictures he took of the scar tissue and it's amazing how something that looks like cotton candy can cause so much trouble and pain. If your doctor has done MUA before at 21 months, then I would say it's ok. Otherwise, I would question him about it. Please keep me posted. this has intrigued me..... BTW, what is your ROM?

• Posted

ROM is 85 but always had tightness like a band around my knee. I rearly am scared because it's so long after TKR.

• Posted

I had MUA 8 month post op. and it was a good thing. also did arthoscopic surgery to clean out scar tissue. Doc tried to do MUA before he did the surgery, and he could not. Was afraid he would break my leg. So, he then cleaned out the scar tissue. I saw the pictures he took of the scar tissue and it's amazing how something that looks like cotton candy can cause so much trouble and pain. If your doctor has done MUA before at 21 months, then I would say it's ok. Otherwise, I would question him about it. Please keep me posted. this has intrigued me..... BTW, what is your ROM?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.