MUA in 2 days

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all. So glad to have found this forum and people who understand the pain. I’ve been dealing with this pain that began after carpal tunnel surgery with a ligament reconstruction in my thumb. I wore a wrist cast for 3 wks them wrist splints for several weeks. Started having minor pain in bicep a few weeks after surgery. I had been sleeping with my wrist and arm elevated all the time or arm over head. After 2 months I had an X-ray which was negative at an urgent care. Long story but finally had c-spine, shoulder and humerus X-rays which were neg.  Finally got my gp to order an MRI and after a denial from ins, appealed it and finally showed frozen shoulder. Had to get approval for referral to Ortho!!  Got soonest appt. Ortho was great!  Immediately said it was frozen and scheduled me for MUA at soonest open day. I go Monday for procedure!! Thank God!! I hope this works!!! 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Post MUA questions:

Does pain go away as soon as you wake up from procedure?

Is it sore and how does the pain compare to pre- surgery?

Did you have PT afterwards and for how long?

Thank you

• Posted

I’ve had FS since April after I injured it lifting a cement block. Then ignored pain and overused until it hurt so bad I couldn’t move it and then it froze. MRI showed possibly small labra tear. I’ve had a cortisone shot and PT but still stuck. But at least the horrible zinger pain that brings you to your knees is gone. All I had to do was bump it and I’d go thru the roof! Pretty much just stiff and stuck now. I’m afraid to do MUA because of risks, plus my stomach can’t handle pain meds and NSAIDs which I know I will need afterwards so I’m pretty much relegated to taking Tylenol and using ice which doesn’t help much. I’ve been overusing my right arm and it’s headed in the same direction as the left so I’m going for another cortisone shot Monday so I don’t end up with two frozen shoulders, God forbid. I didn’t even know what this was until it happened to me. It’s very painful and frustrating. I sleep in the recliner a lot and no one in my life seems to understand what I’m going through. Please come back and let us know how it went. I don’t know anyone else who has had this condition so I was really happy to find this forum. The very best of luck to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.