Mucosal female genital lichen Planus - is it for life?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi been ill for first time in my life, diagnosed with olp and glp. Olp painful but nothing compared to pain and discomfort of glp.

Been told i havnt got lesions more white streaks. Dont know wheter this is a good thing? Using Termovate for below, some pain relief but still cant sit for long. Trousers/jeans definite no no.Even wearing underwear is painful due to burning sensations at top of legs.

Read many articles but dont know which type of lp i have. Does anybody know if all lps clear by themselves after 2 yrs?

Can anybody offer help and advice?

thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Most cases of lichen planus of the skin clear up on their own within 6 to 9 months. The rash rarely lasts longer than 18 months. However, oral lichen planus and lichen planus that affects the genital area may be more persistent

• Posted

not all clear up on there own after 2 years it ca be chronic for some people im afraid it all depends on your body everybodys different so u cant compare ur case to someone elses

• Posted

ive heard ur much better off with the white streaks than the lesions

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.