mucus

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi,

Does anyone have really large amounts of clear mucus come out your bottom unexpectedly?

I had this before my diagnosis but it stopped when I stopped peanuts so I thought that was what caused it. I have had no peanuts and its back.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes during a flare up I have this. It’s also mixed with blood. If you have a flare up you need to start a bland diet and cut out all fibre. 
  • Posted

Well if you have dirverticulitus you will get alot of mucus and sometimes shiny stools as mucus is trying to protect your intestines You should not eat peanuts or anything that can get stuck in your dirverticular pouches ibtestine as can cause flare ups You should been given a food advice sheet  Also avoid sweetcorn and anything with seeds . 
  • Posted

Yes know it all sounds gross but sometimes the stools also look very wispy. 
  • Posted

Yes, mucus diarrhea for 7 days now, no blood and all my labs and cat scan were normal showed no sign of flare up or infection so having a endoscopy tomorrow and then colonoscopy, possibly just IBS . I here a lot of people get that who have diverticulitis with anxiety and stress. I was diagnosed in February DD with abcess, changed my diet , keep a journal it’s so hard , nasty disease, every little twitch or bout of constipation or diarrhea freaks me out. Never eat nuts or seeds. The only bad habit I still have is coffee and cigs. 
  • Posted

Hi. I don't eat any nuts, seeds, popcorn or any high fiber foods and still have flare ups.

I have a colostomy and have been diagnosed with Chrons and diverticulitis.

It seems like everybody is different and no matter what kind of diet they adhere to, they still have flare ups.

• Posted

Yes, the mucus is common.
    • Posted

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have not had nuts since before I was diagnosed and the mucus stopped. I was very surprised by it this morning but you all helped me feel normal. Thank you.

Julie

• Posted

I had a colostomy for 6 month, and mucus just about every day. I've been reversed,and everything has been fine. You'll be fine as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.