Mucus

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everybody i suffer with acid reflux have done for years im on meds. This past 6 monthes ive been waking up with alot of mucus in throat and nose. Ive had lungs checked and there fine. I am a smoker. Could this have anything to do with acid reflux x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Sorry ure not feeling yr best.

Pls dont take it as preaching, but smoking is amongst the worst things for acid reflux.

It could be the leading cause of yr reflux.

Cut down and try to stop and also follow the life style and diet recommendations for gerd.

I used to smoke 17yrs 20 a day. It was hard to stop but I did it.

Good luck and hope ure feel better very soon 😀.

• Posted

Hi katerina thanks for replying im at the stop smoking clinic on monday so will be stopping. I also suffer with asthma now so need to stop xx
  • Posted

Yes I get that when acid playing up and j just say smoking probably make acid worse that's the first question my doctor asked me if I smoked which I didn't because I stopped smoking years ago he also said don't let anyone smoke around you I'm not dictating to you just passing on what I've learned 

• Posted

Thanks gillian yes i know the worse thing i can do is smoke but come monday i will be a non smoker xx
  • Posted

Hi Karen, I have the same problem along with acid reflux,  I to take med's for it, I don't smoke but have bad sinus's all my life, taking OTC at night when need is the only thing that helps, my GP told me to try it, and to answer your question I think acid reflux has a lot to do with it. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.