Multiple Antidepressants

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is anyone here on multiple antidepressants for depression and if you are have you done ok being on two? I see on some websites that you should only be on one antidepressant at a time but was wondering if other people have done multiple ones ok?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have heard of people adding Wellbutrin.  I am presently on Zoloft & Abilify.

• Posted

Hey Rob

All depends on what's wrong with you, you'll find someone with major depression may also suffer with anxiety and unable to sleep.

There are so many different types of depression you could be on multiple amounts of antidepressants.

• Posted

Yes - Venlafaxine mornings , Mirtazapine evening plus anxiety ones .
    • Posted

Do you ok with them both, I started on Fluoxetine in the morning and I've been doing Mirtazapine at night and I've weened it down to 15 mg from a high of 45. I haven't felt good at all since I started the Fluoxetine at 20 mg and went down on the Mirtazapine to 15 mg from 22.5 for the last 12 day I've had little appetite and feel tired and numb feeling to anything. I've been trying to ride it out but it has been very difficult.

• Posted

I used to be on Fluoxetine but it stopped working for me , so my GP started took me off it , i went onto Mirtazapine at night as was struggling to get through the night started on 15mg then 30mg then 45mg - have no problem with it , i have heard stories that it makes you gain weight but i have had little appteite anyway an have physical health problems so not really noticed , the psychiatrist at local cmht put me on Venlafaxine - from 225mg up to 375mg as i was struggling daytime - that was late last year , then i am on anxiety tablets , i have had no side effects but to be honest i don't know if they are helping as i am still low in mood due to physical health making my mental health worse but the psychiatrist won't mess with my medication at the moment which does frustrate me as most days i am struggling to survive each day , i do take Phernagan at nighttime as well to work along side the Mirtazapine which combo make me sleep well .

• Posted

Thanks for the info Maria and I'm sorry to hear of your struggles and that your medications have only helped you sleep but not helped your mood. I wish you luck in the future and hope you are able to get well soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.