Multiple complex cysts on left ovary very worried.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had a hysterectomy 5 years ago he left one ovary. I recently had a gynecological exam and he found multiple complex cyst on my left ovary the report reads the left ovary is enlarged and measures 5.2 by 3.0 centimeters there are multiple complex cyst in left ovary measuring from 1.5 cm up to 2.9 centimeters some of these have trabeculation and septation within them the maximum thickness of the SEPTA is 3 millimeters there is also small to moderate degree of debris in all of these cysts. walls of the cysts measure n from 1 millimeters to 3 millimeters. On color Doppler examination only mild vascularity of the walls.

I had an fsh test and a roma test which is the CA 125. The hospital said it could take a couple weeks to get the roma test back. I also have another ultrasound sound scheduled for Oct 12 and an appointment with my gyno the 18th . But I am stressing. Everything I've read leans toward ovarian cancer. Especially if the walls are thick which mine are. I'm 44 years old I've got back pain and problems with my bladder also gastrointestinal problems which I eat been told is IBS. Any one else out there have any experience with this?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Last month I had a 20 cm (yes 8 inch) ovarian cyst removed. They took my ovary and fallopian tube as well. I was terrified it was cancer but it was not. I was told there was a darker mass inside and that's why they needed to remove and check it. The darker mass turned out to be a bunch of cysts (like grapes...gross) inside.  While the CA125 test is not the greatest indicator because it can mean many other things, remember that levels can go up into the thousands! Normal level is below 35. MIne was only 39. Also there was no leaking fluid surrounding the cyst which was also a good indicator that it was not. Worry will only make you stress and stress will cause an increase in toxins in your body and make you sick. If it is something bad, they will take care of it. It's really not that big...well compared to mine. Best of luck to you! I know exactly how scared you are. Sending love.

• Posted

Hi susan. Its been days. I hope you are doing fine. I get a lot from this forum. You are in my thoughts

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.