Multiple ectopic/pvcs in a row, scared of sudden death

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 22 year old female, have had several ecg coming back and also a heart ultrasound a couple of years ago and my heart is "healthy". I've been experiencing pvcs since I was 14 years old. I became used to them and knew they werent dangerous adding the fact that they only happened thrice or 4 times a year but right now they're becoming more frequent, like 3 times a week and today I had two so far.

The other thing that is terrifying is that I'm getting these weird fluttering sensations and it feels like I'm having like 10 pvcs in a row - one right after the other and I get a mini panic attack and feel like I'm gonna pass out or aomething. When I experience this my heart feels like it's beating 200 beats per minute and I have to cough everytime to stop them.

As an anxiety sufferer I googled and what I read terrified me. I hear about how multiple pvcs can turn into ventricular tachycardia and therefore sudden death!! I'm so stressed right now thinking about it. Does anybody relate to this or has any knowledge about this? Thanks in advance sad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Wow it seems like I wrote this word for word! I’m 20 years old and have been to 3 cardiologists. I’ve been getting skipped beats since I was 14 as well. They have become more frequent and are lasting longer. Just the other night I had about 10 I’m a row and felt like my heart was spazzing out for like 20 seconds straight. 
  • Posted

I started to have PVC's about 7 months ago and can feel my heart beat all the time.  Also been told I have a healthy heart and when exercising, don't have any other symptoms.  What you are experiencing is what I believe is a SVT run.  I have had a handful and it certainly gets your attention.  With me feeling my beats the sensation is as though the heart is freaking out, not a nice feeling.  It's the only event that has made me feel different (I would feel flush in the face).  From my experience they are less and less frequent, only had one in the last 4-5 months.  

If your pvc's are more frequent, I would get a monitor and that will log if your having pvc / pac, svt and any other events.  This will at least give you peace of mind but consider yourself super lucky with the number you have (everyone has pvc's on occasion).

• Posted

Hi Emil thank you for replying! Haha yeah I guess, I've heard how so many ppl get thousands a day and they can feel it! Tha'ts why I'm trying not to think too much because when one suffers fron anxiety one becomes super aware and vigilant about the simplest things and then they start to become frequent! Well if this is Svt I heard it is nothing to worry about, I just hope so! Cause I don't wann a take heart meds yet sad

• Posted

Hey how is everything? Are you still getting them? 
    • Posted

Hi Albert, thanks for replying to this post smile and sorry I couldn't reply earlier. It's been a week and a half without getting the longer/scarier pvcs and I'm really thankful for that cause it's a really terrifying feeling. I still get the normal "skipped a single or two beats" ones maybe one or two per day everyday or every two or three days, it really depends, but I'll just try and not start obsessing over that.

Even these multiple ones in a row, I think that we need to try not to obsess over them, I know they are v disconcerting but thinking too much about them isn't gonna help.

I've read terrifying things about these but even the information posted by doctors can be misleading sometimes. If your heart is healthy structurally, then it might have something to do with some sort of mineral defficiency? Have you been checked dor that? I haven't yet but I will, I heard about how even lack of calcium or magnesium or b12 vits can cause these.

And you, have you been feeling better?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.