Multiple family members with PR?

Posted , 3 users are following.

About 2-3 months ago, my daughter was diagnosed with PR. Hers is pretty much gone, but I can still see faint marks if I look closely. A couple weeks ago, I noticed a small rash on my shoulder, which has grown and now there are smaller rashes around it. I'm quite confident it's PR. Has anyone else had multiple family members affected in a short amount of time?  From what I've read online, it's pretty rare for that to happen. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I’ve read that’s rare also. I just got diagnosed today and have been reading as much as I can about it. What I have read is that it can come as epidemics through communities during certain times of the year and that it is something that could be caused from a viral infection.  It could be possible that you and your daughter were both weakened to the virus and caught it at similar times? 
  • Posted

WOW!!!!! Really not nice. I had PR for 14 months, and no one else in my family got it, even though my husband and I continued to sleep together, and kissed and all that. Kids didn't get it either. 

Good info, though, Might help in finding out what causes it. Please keep us informed, have you been diagnosed yet?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.