Multiple fibroids any body else dealing with fibroids

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there!! Just wondering if any of you have multiple fibroids and how long you had them. And also do you feel pressure and discomfort from them some times. I am am not wanting a hysterectomy but can someone or anyone give me advice what to do to help shrink the fibroids. Also I'm over weight and I've been told that can cause fibroids as well. Any advice would be appreciated. I enjoy this sight have talked with several learned a lot from Jayneejay . Thanks!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hi, i have 3 fibroids ranging from 7cm down to 1cm. I am skinny and have fibroids so do not think weight is the issue, but as always being overweight is not ideal.

I would suggest a diet change which gives you a chance to maybe shrink the fibroids and at the same time lose weight. Check my previous posts for diet changes but in summary is gluten lactose free vegan diet but able to eat oily fish. Eat brocolli cabbage sprouts. Take a tsp of apple cidar vinegar with a splash of water. Give up caffiene. 

• Posted

Thank you. I haven given up caffeine . What exactly does the apple cider do?? I don't know how to find the site for dieting. I have cut back on some things but still need to learn a lot more. Thank you for your reply.

Beth

• Posted

hi Beth, i think if you go to my user name , you can view my posts, but the essence of the diet is gluten free lactose free meat free  caffiene free diet

Give up dairy and eggs - use almond or hazelnut milk.

I religoiusly ate cruciferous veg daily - brocoli, cauli, sprouts, kale.

You can also eat oily fresh, and lentils, pulses, nuts, brown rice.

I also made sure i did not eat anything that was estrogenic, i used to just google estrogenic vegetable or fruit  or bean as there are things like chickpeas that are estrogenic. Not sure what the ACV actually does but for me it took away all the pain and cramps  i got with periods, but can't be sure if it was the diet or the ACV if you google "apple cidar vinegar fibroids" there is lots of info.

• Posted

Oh thank you I have cut out caffeine I'm not a coffee drinker but I do drink caffeine free tea also sometimes I little coke caffeine free and water. I do eat fish, vegetables, tuna, salmon. I drink sugar free almond milk. I didn't know about eggs though we do eat eggs. 

Beth

• Posted

i am not sure where i got the info to cut out eggs, but as i wasn't a big fan of eggs i just cut them out. maybe someone else can shed some light on it, as they would be a good source of protein
    • Posted

That's what I've always been told... Good protein. May I ask how long have you had your fibroids? Since you mentioned your periods do you spot as well? I've had mine for along didn't want a hysterectomy. You hear so many different stories.

Beth

• Posted

Hi Beth, I have had heavy regular periods for about 3 yrs with no spotting.

my first diagnosis were of 3 fibroids of 7cm down to 1cm, 18 months ago

Did the diet for a year.

Todays scan shown the largest has grown to 11cm.

I to do not want a hysterectomy as i am in my mid 30s, but seeing a consultant next month which i hope can get some opinions on how to move forward as I can't live with the heavy periods any more (last week had a blood transfusion as I was so anemic)

• Posted

Oh sorry about that. Well I spot quite often but also have periods. But it's so weird my bleeding but I was told fibroids can cause bleeding.
  • Posted

Hi I have read that overweight people have more oestrogen so you could try cutting out dairy or eating less dairy and red meat.  Eating a lot of anti-oestrogen foods like lentils, broccoli and leafy vegetables such as spinach may help. I have been doing all this since I found out I have fibroids and my periods seem to have improved - they are shorter, further apart and less heavy. I eat lentil soup 4 times a week and everyday during my period. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.