Multiple head issues, what are some possible causes?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, new poster here. Thought I would start a discussion to see if any of you have/had similar issues or any recommendations. Any input would be greatly, greatly appreciated! 

A little history on me: I'm 21/F. I have generalized anxiety, panic disorder,  depression, PCOS, TMJ, and IBSD. These are all issues I have been dealing with. Medication list: Prozac (20 mg). Vitamin D (5,000 IU). Vitamin B12 injection (once a month). Iron (324 mg). Birth control. Ativan (.05 as needed).

Starting towards the beginning of this year, I have been having headaches. They aren't severe, but I am a hypochondriac so any small issue seems severe to me. They go away with 250 mg of Tylenol. I would say they occur every other day. They are on my temples, forehead, above and behind eyes, and upper nose. My head also feels extremely tight in the same areas I have described in the previous sentence. 

I wake up each day with a stuffy nose, as if I have a cold, but this stops within a few hours. This has been occuring for years, but I've never done anything about it. I also sneeze multiple times every morning. My throat has started feeling sore and scratchy. My ears feel itchy, runny, and tight. 

My vision has changed since the beginning of this year. I now see small, clear halos when looking at bright, solid surfaces (such as the sky, walls, etc). I also see an odd wave, jelly-like substance when looking at similar surfaces. When I squint my eyes, I see a line of 20 small dots. All of the floaters I have mentioned move in an odd way, like they're falling. When I try to focus on them, my eyes make the floaters "jump" back to the top of my vision, only to begin falling again. These always look different (never the same spots or lines) and occur in both eyes. When I am focusing on something, such as the TV, I see random dots in my peripheral vision, but when I look in that direction there is nothing there. Went to the eye doctor, said everything looked fine, I am near sighted, and any disturbances were occular migranes. I have had three occular migranes, where I can very clearly see rainbow lines in my vision. These occur when I have gotten very worked up/anxious and only last a few seconds. The floaters I have previously mentioned occur ALL the time. I can look at the sky at any time during daylight, and see them. Brought these issues up to my general practioner and said this was nothing to worry about, but keep an eye on it. 

When looking down or look around quickly, I feel a visual dizziness and off-balance. 

Sorry for so much information, but I am desperate for answers. My main questions are: 1) are the headaches and cold-like symptoms allergy related? (I put a call in to my doctor for an allergy medication recommendation and plan to start that as soon as they get back to me. I'm crossing my fingers this does the trick, but would like some input on what you think is happening). 2) do you have any information on what could possibly be going on with my eyes? 

Please ask me any questions for clarification or further details. Again, ANY information would be beyond appreciated! Thank you! 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Purely referring to the morning issues, have you tried changing the brand of pillow or bedding you use, as well as laundry detergent? Or have you tried sleeping in another room for a few nights in case there's mould or environmental things in your room? Or do you sleep with your mouth open?

I'm not too sure about the side effects prozac can have, maybe check your headaches or visual disturbances couldn't be that.

I hope you find some relief to any or ideally all your symptoms soon

God bless

• Posted

Hi, thank you for your reply! I don't sleep with my mouth open. I also haven't tried changing rooms, detergent, or pillows/bedding, but I will now have to do that. Thank you so much! smile 
    • Posted

Also, I've been on Prozac for 30 days. Prior to that I was on Zoloft for three years. Question for anyone: could visual disturbances and headaches be caused by vitamin increases? 
  • Posted

I have problems with my vision,it's like when I squint it can go like a fuzzy TV(not quite tuned in properly) and I suffer from an allergy to milk and I get migraines that only ibuprofen seem to get rid of.i also see black dots in my peripheral vision that aren't actually there.i was told at the hospital that they had seen this in other people but there was nothing they could do.i also have photophobia,bight light hurts and can't see in dark,I use polarised glasses during the day.i don't think your vision problem is allergy related.i get migraines if I accidentally have dairy products

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.