Multiple hip problems?? Help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys, needing to know if anyone has had same hip MRI results as mine, I have been waiting 3 months to see surgeon! Now got to wait another month due to delays. I have sciatica problems, also protruding disc in lumbar spine. Hip MRI shows enthesopathy at the greater trochanter with abnormal intrasbstance and possible anterior laberal tear. It clicks on every movement, every step. I have groin pain and pain in buttocks! Has anyone had similar results and what was outcome?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Natalie, I am new to this forum and I am looking for information myself. I don't know how old your discussion is but I am interested to know if any of your symptoms include severe buttock pain with the inability to sit along with the trochanteric bursitis? Also, what test did you have Done, I don't know what type of doctor to go to and what type of test they should run to find the reason for this pain. I have been in pain for years and cannot get any help from the doctors, The sitting is so bad that I can't leave the house and go anywhere for any length of time because of the pain.I hope some of you on this forum will be able to give me the information I need so I can be proactive with this issue. Thank You, Natalie.

• Posted

HI Angie,

Oh no! That's a long time to be in pain. I'm only 26 had back problems for years went to see physio who sent me for an MRI of lower back and pelvis. This is what showed my results. I have like yourself pain and tenderness in left bum cheek! It's horrible shows arthritis basically at the greater troncheter, also laberal tear. I am waiting to her from surgeon as pain in bum got worse which might be bursitis. I also struggle with sciatica one of the main reasons I went back to physio. I hope this helps. I would go to docs and asked to be referred to physio or possibly see a chiro first. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.