Multiple joints pain and grinding sound, please read!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Since summer 2020 I have had a lot of pain in my multiple joints including my knees, hip, ankle, wrist, shoulder, neck, and even my ribs..(I'm only 32) It started with making a lot of noise when I would move my joints. My doctor ordered a blood test and everything was normal except my vitamin D which was 12. So she asked me to take vitamin D supplements (4000 IU) every day and then repeat the test in 3 months. After taking this supplements for about 1 months most of the pains were disappeared and even all those sounds got away. I was super happy and I even decided to not repeat the test! But in the month 4th I felt like the pain is getting back and even the grinding noise started worse than the first time because this time my jaw joint even was making a horrible grating noise:( Beside I had a bad heart palpitation and a discomfort in my throat like it feels tight some days. The second blood exam showed a level of 37 for my vitamin D level so it increased and now is within a normal range. Anyone has experienced the same symptoms? I'm tired of talking to doctors because they look at me in a way that I'm getting crazy or something:(

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have what you describe, but I was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis. I don't think you have it, fortunately, but if your body is anything like mine, it will go in a "nuclear mode" whenever there's a slight hint of inflammation anywhere in the body.

My AS is mainly active in my pelvic area and lower spine, BUT, if I use my hands to much (gardening), my right hand fingers will get swollen. And then slowly, the inflammation will start to spread. And soon I will be like the Tin Man, making noise as I move about.

I "hurt" my knees sitting on an ergonomic chair. I did nothing but sit. The next day my knees started hurting and the body went into that inflammation mode. It took me months to get out of it.

Vitamin D helps and we need more of it than "normal" people.

I also sometimes take turmeric with piperine (turmeric and pepper). Google it.

Also, if I eat something that I cannot digest and my colon becomes "inflamed", it soon starts to affect my joints.

• Posted

Thanks for your answer masha17 and sorry that you are going through a similar thing, I don't have any lower back pain (somehow it is one of the rare part in my joints that doesn't bother!) and there has been no swollen joint so far. May I ask how did your doctor diagnose you with AS?

• Posted

Hi Shiva

Did you ever find out more about the condition. going through something similar (including white tongue).

hope youre well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.