Multiple lumps behind ear

Posted , 3 users are following.

About four weeks ago I noticed a lump roughly pea size at the bottom of my ear. A week or so before that I had notice a very small lump where my ear meets my head it was pen point size. After finding the second lump I decided to go to urgent care. I had also been feeling very tired no matter how much sleep I got and constantly felt feverish but never ran a fever. Urgent care doc said it was a double ear infection and prescribed antibiotics. A week after the antibiotics I still have the bumps and have noticed another even larger bump behind my ear about dime size. This one is more hard like bone hard. They do not move. The only other symptom that was came up was night sweats. This has been going on for roughly 5 days. I contacted my gp two days after I finished my antibiotics and all they did was prescribed another antibiotic. I am not sure what to do at this point.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hello there,

im sorry you are going through all this. ive had a lump near my ear for years and its nothing bad. usually it takes two weeks for lymphnodes to go down. taking too much antibiotocs is not recommended as it can cause sepsis. try not to worry, and dont google!!!

• Posted

I have lymph nodes that swell behind my ear, under my jaw line whenever I get bad acne.

It sounds like yours are definitely related to your ear infection, I really wouldn't worry. Mine sometimes take months to disappear, it's not uncommon.

• Posted

So a little update.. I haven't really got any good information other than what I don't have. I ended up taking three different courses of antibiotics. I had an ultrasound done at ENT and the dr said the node was reactive and to come back in three months. My symptom list started to grow- fever on and off, constant need to clear my throat, night sweats, nausea, major fatigue and now the area where the swollen lymph node is has begun to be quite painful. I was sent to an infectious disease dr and pretty much had every possible test ran and everything came back negative so its not due to an infection. The dr's only thought was I need to have the lymph node biopsied sooner than later. I have an appt Jan 3 to see the ENT again. Going on month 4 since this all started.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.