Multiple Meniscus tears,

Posted , 1 user is following.

My MRI shows multiple meniscus tears. I've tried all other options besides surgery.

Yes I'm a senior, but I have a lot of life left to live and I'd like to start enjoying life again.

My surgeon is one of the best in the area and comes highly recommended from so many people I know. I trust him. He tells me I should not have surgery. Not even the most non-invasive Scope. I'm the kind of person that always follows my Drs. advise. He's basically said it wont help, and since I've tried everything else I'm just going to have to live with it.

This time I can't. I want to be able to walk again without pain and enjoy whats left of my time here on earth. He finally agreed to do a scope, but I'm left feeling very anxious about forcing the surgery. Has anyone else been asked o not have surgery?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.