Multiple oddities when it comes to skin and my digestive track. Are these oddities correlated?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I honestly didn't know where to even post this as it concerns multiple fields but here I go.

I am 21 and male and have a few peculiarities. Firstly, I have dermatographia, so itchy skin that is very sensitive. Secondly, I constantly have the urge to throw up. To be honest I was a teen before I learned that other people didn't feel the same way as it has always been a part of my life. So for example if I squeeze my abdominal wall even a little, I will throw up on command. I go to the bathroom, number 2 to be more precise, 3-5 times a day and have done so my entire life and recently have even gotten a bad case of acid-reflux, though I assume it was because I had gained weight.

I know this post is rambly and all over the place but I have always wondered if these symptoms were correlated somehow and since the medical field in my country is lacking to say the least I thought I would give this forum a go.

Thank you for your time.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Try excluding all dairy products from your diet for 2 weeks....you may be lactose intolerant.Dairy is milk,yoghurt, cream,cheese, whey. Eggs are NOT dairy. You will have to check all prepared food as well.

If no change then exclude all wheat and gluten products. Good luck

• Posted

Thanks, I will try that! Hopefully it is just an allergy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.