Multiple PAEs

Posted , 11 users are following.

Has anyone had multiple PAEs either because the first one didn't help or because over time the benefits wore off requiring another one? Were there any adverse side effects? I had a PAE 30 months and while it did reduce my prostate size by 40% it did not relieve any of my BPH symptoms and now the prostate has regrown to its original size (300cc - no median lobe). Thanks.

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had my second PAE six weeks ago. The first one lasted 3 years before I decide to have another one since my insurance covers it now. I am hoping for at least 3 years and maybe 5 since they were a little more aggressive this time using smaller beads with the procedure. So far the results are ok, but hoping for more improvement. I am peeing with no medication. Have no idea what the size is at this point. I am 76.. Wish you all the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.