Multiple Ruptured Vertebrea

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I'm 30 years old and have multiple ruptured vertebrae in my spine. I was first diagnosed with them in the top of my neck and last week in the bottom of my back. I'm also worried as there is a spot in the middle of my back that is incredibly sensitive to touch that there may be one there too.

This is really starting to affect me as I'm getting very small amount of sleep. I wake up regularly with numbness in both my legs and my arms. This sometimes starts within 10 minutes of me getting into bed. Also, I'm getting a lot of pain around my hips and down my right leg and in the last couple of days have come out in bruises around my hip joints and in several places down the back of my legs. I've been undergoing physiotherapy for my neck for several months and was also referred this week for the lower-back. I'm worried that I've seen no improvement in my neck and that with the new problems in my back that things are just going to get worse.

I was wondering if there could be a connection between the ruptures in my spine and possibly an underlying problem that is causing it and also if you had any advice re controlling the numbness while sleeping?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think you need to talk to your doctor about this
    • Posted

Yeah. I will do. Just sort of feel like I'm being passed between multople people at the moment with little to no progress being made. Thank you for taking the time to respond.
    • Posted

Recently, I was referred to a specific Consultant and when the appt actually happened, the Consultant I saw was in the same general specialty but completely the wrong one for me.  She told me that doctors often become frustrated because they are unable to find the cause of a problem and solve it.  She didn't appear to realise it was just as frustrating for the patient and it would probably be better for the patient if the doctor said s/he was finding it difficult to come up with a solution, instead of just shunting the patient onto another department/doctor
    • Posted

What I am saying, is, persevere, don't give up!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.