Multiple stones

Posted , 6 users are following.

M a 44 year old who has had 10 previous laser lithotripsy over last 15 years. Currently have 7mm and 8 mm stones in right kidney and over a dozen smaller stones. I develop acidic stones. Take allopurinol and pitas citrate. I try to stay hydrated and ph neutral. What else??!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Omg! 10 lithos..Im surprised at so many. What is your doctors treatment plan...I'm going to assume no more lithos..right? What about a pcnl? When. I had. big stones last year..I had 5 lithos and then the PCNL. I wish that would of been done first. Staying hydrated is a must. Are you not considering surgery?

• Posted

I have to agree with sharon here and say I would definitely consider PCNL surgery.

I had this in December last year and am fine now.

Take care and keep in otuch

Sarah

• Posted

Wow, that's alot.

You did not mention how much fluid you are taking in.  I find that my numbers are good when I stay fully hydrated.  And from what I have read the biggest factor to prevent stone formation is liquid. 

Also, HCTZ to increase fluid output?

• Posted

I have a friend that suffers from acid stones. He uses sodium bicarbonate(baking soda) and swears by it. He mixes it with water and drinks it and claims to have dissolved many stones with this method. Google it. There is information about it. It doesn't always work for him, but for regular sufferers like you and him, you gotta play the percentages!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.