Multiple Submucosal uterine fibroids. Advice please?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi.  I've come out of having an exploratory for menorrhagia that I've had for nearly a year and have been told I have about six small ish submucosal uterine fibroids.  I have had a biopsy and a surgeon said they could be left in or shrunk before surgery to remove them.  Please can both professionals and ladies who have this help as there are many options and I have had bad side effects from contaception used to control the menorrhagis when I was in my twenties, I'm now forty two.  I would ideally like to find some medication that could shrink the polyps so I can avoid very heavy blood loss, vomiting and diarrhoa and anxiety or depression.

I suffer from some anxiety and deoression and don't want to have any more and have read about the side effects of the mirena coil and zoladex.  Does anyone know of a safe alternative please? 

I've read that the progesterone only pill may be effective or Esmya? 

Thanks.

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

it's pretty impossible when you work I remember..it's a decision perhaps you have to make..whether you want to continue with the possibility of a pregnancy.. along with the fact that all the meds have side effects. Or any short term surgical procedures like TCRF which could be temporary and the fibroids could grow back..I was 47 when my womb was removed.. Never looked back..
    • Posted

I've been told if my "invader" grows back I will have a laparoscopic hysterectomy. I have accepted that may happen but for now after TCRF I feel like myself again and my haemoglobin levels are beginning to rise (I was severely low!)

It's good to hear experiences had by someone "on the other side" after the op!

• Posted

There could be MRI zapping of the fibroids possibly?
    • Posted

I'm being careful because of possible children in future.
    • Posted

Anyone tried Cerazette?
    • Posted

No but Cerelle made me bleed for 29 days straight - not fun when you are already anaemic!

My consultant's registrar told me that hormones just feed the fibroid which causes bleeding. I think that is why the Mirena coil doesn't suit a lot of people because that releases hormones direct into the womb.

• Posted

I changed my diet a lot to manae the hormones. So a lot of brocolli and greens in general. Apparently apple vinegar cider is supposed to be v good. I am also doing accupuncture.  And go slow on alcohol, sugar, red meats. Asian tea is supposed to be very good. 
    • Posted

PLS ADVICE,

my own is multiple fibroid, but i dont v bleeding problem, just dt d stomach is full and dont want to go for surgry cos my wedding is just 3 months ,pls wic drug is advisable for shrink of fibroid:apple cider vinegar, black strap mollasses, tumeric ,enzymes

• Posted

I think birth control caused my fibroids. In my twenties and early 30s no major problems I can remember. At 35 i tried to stop taking birth control and all hell broke out. I started bleeding like I was having a miscarriage plus clots. Bc didn't stop the bleeding so I stop taking me and lost 10lbs and I starting to feel better. I stop taking birth 6/16/15 and I'm slowly but surely getting better. Shots of vinegar, no birth control, exercise, vegetables, slowing down on foods that turn into sugar has helped. My life has been rough since this whole ordeal. I hv an ultrasound Tues and hopefully thy hv started to shrink because my stomach doesn't feel blotted anymore. I wish I could file a suit against these bc manufacturers because I think that's what causes thm. I will keep yall posted.

• Posted

I was told Esmya would prepare me for my exploratory and the bonus was I stopped bleeding for 3 months.  I did bleed more heavily after i came off Esmya, this for me was the deciding factor and realisation what i had been living with and the impact on my life my fibroid this was having.  I had one 14-16 week fibroid which increased eventually to 16-18 weeks before my UAE.
  • Posted

the same thing happened to me 25 years ago.

at 42 i was doubled up with period pain and bleeding for months.by the time my gynno appointment came through, i was embarrassed that on my internal examination there was blood everywhere.

no hysterescopes those days.

my hysterectomy was scheduled for 4 months away but by that time i was perfectly ok.

i'd never been on the pill.

so what i'm saying is, if you can cope with the bleeding and anaemia, the beasties will shrink as you go through menopause.

ask older women how they coped.

is there anyone out there who can relate to grannies experiences.?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.