Multiple SVT episodes after each other

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All,

Glad I found this forum, really helpful!

I have a question.

My partner (female, 41) has SVT episodes from time to time (2-3 episodes per year in the past few years).

Now when she has an episode, it does not consist of only 1 "session" of high rate, but instead multiple: her HR goesup once, then down (due to valsalva maneuvers), but then after a few minutes it goes up AGAIN, and down again (due to valsalva maeuvers again), and then UP again.

The most she had of these was 4 "HR-rush sessions" within 1 episode.

It's really frightening for her so most of the time we end up in the ER so docs can check if everything is Ok etc.

Cardiologist says it's Ok, nothing to worry about, and she gave my partner beta blocker, which she takes 2 times a day regularly. These "multiple sessions within 1 episode" happens even this way.

So that's the story so far.

My question is: do any of you have multiple HR-rush sessions within an episode or is this unique to my partner? From what I've read in this forum people usually have 1 HR rush in an episode.

Thanks so Much!

Attila

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had episodes with more than one session. A couple of years ago I had a whole morning with svt coming and going.

• Posted

Hi there, I've had SVT since I was 7, I'm now 71. For the past few years I have multiple HR sessions most weeks. I had 16 HRs in one go and started to feel faint. Fortunately, it stopped completely after about an hour and a half. I take beta blockers AND flecainide 2ce daily, but when I get multiple HRs, they won't stop it. I just have to sit it out. Very debilitating. I wish you both all the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.