Multiple Swollen Inguinal and neck lymph nodes-normal labs

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had a few swollen lymph nodes in the neck for over a year. Doctor's that I have seen have just said to keep an eye on them. Now within the last 6 months I have multiple in my neck, collarbone, and groin area. I have had multiple blood tests that have came back normal. I also have a lymph node sitting right on my carotid artery. I recently had one removed from my groin and it came back normal as well. I am exhausted daily, have lost 20 pounds in 6 months and just feel terrible. The doctor's don't want to even do a needle biopsy on my neck ones because they stated they are to close to my collarbone and c6-c7. They also don't want to touch the one on my carotid. In March 2019, I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis but the endocrinologist will not treat me for this.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Your endocrinologist is a moron. You should be treated for Hashimotos. It is an autoimmune disease which makes you feel lousy and affects the whole body. People with one autoimmune disease are likely to get another one which is bad news. The good news is that there is treatment for Hashis which can make you feel better. Get another endo who will treat you. Otherwise log on to TPAUK. It is a very helpful site for people with thyroid disorders who are not getting the right treatment and has lots of advice and helps people who arent getting help from their doctors. Most doctors and endos arent interested or educated about hashis because it is mainly a womens illness. I hope you feel better soo

• Posted

Thank you! Yes I have went to two different endocrinologist's at two different facilities. I live in a somewhat small town and of course neither want to treat me or step on the other one's toes. I did also see a Rheumatologist who says I should be on something for this but he says " that's not my department so i won't interfere" it's very frustrating let alone yes i do feel like garbage everyday. I recently had more labs and my MPV and RDW came back LOW on my CBC.

• Posted

I am sorry you feel like garbage. I did too before I was treated for Hashis with Levothyroxine. I am in the uk. Where are you.?

Can you ask to see an endo in another town?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.