Multiple Uterine Fibroids

Posted , 6 users are following.


I am Rose, suffering from Uterine fibroids. Doctors have advised to go for hysterectomy, a very few, for a myomectomy. But I am afraid to do any of these. Its 11 cm x 8 cm size. someone told me to use Esmya 5mg. but its only available in UK and not in India, my native place or in UAE, my residence. 

I wonder if there is any natural medicine or food or any other medicine which I can use to make the fibroids shrink and I can be saved from surgery.

Thanks to all.

0 likes, 13 replies

Report / Delete

13 Replies

  • Posted

    Hi Roseminto, 

    Esmya is an expensive drug and not registered in all countries. My largest fibroid is similar to yours 11x10x10cm - located intramural , where is yours located ?

    I will be seeing a consultant next month and I can see what they say to me and let you know. I do know in India, doctors prefer hysterectomy as its a lot easier to do.

    There are a few of my posts and others on the forum talking about anti estrogenic diet, which i did for a year, but for me it did not work and my fibroids grew larger. 

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Hi Fibroidy,

      Thanks for your response

      Mine too is intramural

      Yes ... all of them asking me why you want to keep your uterus> really disgusting ! 

      I am trying to get Esmya from UK as my sister is working there. She enquired today but there is no stock as it is not much in demand according to them. They will stock it only as per order / request.

      Please keep in touch.


      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Did any doctor say they would do myomectomy if fibroids are a certain size. The Esyma is only used for the 3 month before surgery, leart from this forum that it sometimes shrinks them and sometimes not. I'll post again here after my visit to the consultant. In the mean time, if you have any other questions, happy to chat. xx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted


      I had several large fibroids and I took Esmya as a single treatment (no operation planned) for 5 months. My fibroids shrunk by 50%. I just hope that they don't regrow.

      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Thank you.

      Yes ...two doctors told me myomectomy is possible as I was completely against hysterectomy.

      My sister from UK told me that Esmya is used to make it shrink. What Kk668331 commented to you is correct I guess.

      Keep me updated once you visit your doctor.

      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hi Roseminto,

    I don't know much about what is available. I had a myomectomy 7 weeks ago for a fibroid over 15cm and 4 other fibroids. Theye did give me zoladex injections to shrink the large fibroid, but it did not work as mine had already degenerated. I just wanted to let you know that it is possible not to have a hysterectomy, but opt for a myomectomy with a large fibroid. Obviously it depends on circumstances, location of the fibroid and many other things.

    I was absolutely petrified before I went into surgery, but it was really worth it and the post op pain is manageable. 

    Feel free to ask me questions about it if you like smile x x

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Dear Bek, 

      Thanks for your response. I am really scared to hear about your surgery. 

      I will be in touch with you to know more about this. I am trying to get some medicine esp. Esmya, which is helpful to make it shrink.

      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    I am a male so no fibroid problems. But I have a very fundamental question to ask all women who are reading these fibroid blogs.

    How many of you know what UFE is?

    How many of you have talked to a doctor who performs UFE?

    And how many of you have had your ObeGyne tell you about it?

    Fact is, ObeGynes do not do UFE, IR's do. So ObeGynes usually will not mention it and if they do, they often try to discredit it. UFE is Uterine Fibroid Embolization. It is a non-invasive, quick procedure. They simply go through your veins to the source of the fibroid, inject a few fiber slivers, and the blood flow is shut off to the fibroid (get them to descirbe the procedure, I may be off slightly in my description). I am pretty sure that if you live near any major city, you can find an IR (Interventional Radiologist) who performas UFE and many other great procedures. IR's are the guys in the hospitals that get called into emergencies, many times caused by other doctors (ObeGynes, etc). All you have to do is search for IR's in your nearest major town and see if they can help.

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up