Multiple worrying symptoms.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have never before looked up symptoms online, I don't believe in self diagnosing, but I am continually being ignored by my doctors surgery. It's not just me - the surgery is known for being careless. 

Anyway this past month I've began suffering from pulsatile tinnitus, I went to my doctors who said it's nothing, it'll go away on it's own. It got worse so I went to the hospital and they gave me very strong antibiotics, I took the full course and my hearing is still getting worse very quickly. My vision has got considerably worse over the past few months aswell which I've had multiple appointments about, ever since my pulsatile tinnitus started I've been having stabbing pains in my left temple (it's my left ear that suffers with tinnitus) and I'm incredibly lethargic and feeling euphoric or completely agitated.. I'm getting no answers from my doctors, but I'm going back tomorrow and demanding they stop fobbing me off with 'it'll go away on it's own'. I just wondered if anyone has dealt with these symptoms and got a diagnosis or answer as to what may be the cause ?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I should add I'm posting in 'cancer' as the only cause I've found that also has all my other symptoms ALONG with pulsatile tinnitus is a brain tumor, either benign or malignant. I'm not assuming the worse, I'm just hoping to find some reassurance. 
  • Posted

Hi,

I would ask your doctor to refer you to see a Neurologist for a MRI scan, if your doctor will not do it, then request a second opinion. I was diagnosed with a infection for 6 weeks, and even given antibiotics! When I went to the hospital for a scan it proved I had 5 tumours not an INFECTION!!!

After that I was in hospital within 3 days having surgery! Don't let doctors treat you this way, your a patient like everyone else, they must treat you like one.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

I saw my doctor and left in tears, I was told it's 'fluid' causing every single problem I listed, on top of that he hasn't stopped one of my medications that help me cope.

Basically I've been left out in the cold to suffer. I'm at my wits end. What do you do if you're doctors aren't willing to help you ??

I hope you were all well after your surgery !

• Posted

Hello,

You are obviously worried and the worry will not be alleviated until you have an MRI.

Worst case scenario if you can afford book to see a surgeon or neurologist privately.  The doctors try to prioritise what they feel is important. 

We are all struggling with this NHS with doctors infering they do not have the funding. 

Good luck let's hope this is all anxiety and stress.

Sandra

I suggest telling your doctor you fear you may have a tumour and cannot understand why he cannot prioritise you.

All the best

Sandra

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.