Mum

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi anyone who is out there. My Mum died on Saturday and I just feel so weird. What do I mean by weird, I can`t even explain. 

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi i am so sorry for your loss i know saying that doesnt help i lost my fiancee in december and it left me feeling compleatly numb like i wasnt really here and it was all happening to someone else do you have other family and friend s to support you it is hard to lose someone you love and know one can tell you how it feels its different for everyone hope this helps take care 
  • Posted

very sorry to hear this michele. you must feel numbed by it.  I hope you get over her passing in time and keep going on with your life .   I still have my parents who are in their eighties but it really hurt me when my grandmother died.  So I know what you are going through.

rich

• Posted

So sorry Michele for the loss of your Mum.  I remember when that happened to me.  I felt orphaned.  Stress can really mess with your head and your thoughts.  Take good care of your health, maybe a support group could help, and some stress management involving exercise or Tai chi, etc.
  • Posted

If you were even averagely close to your mother this is really a major life event for you and I'm not at all surprised that you feel weird.  If you were very close then it is a very big loss in your life and in a way your life has totally changed now she is no longer there, so don't underrate your feelings.  I do hope you have some close friends who are willing to support you, and also that you know some people who have been through this themselves and whom you can talk to.  Everyone experiences loss differently but at least other people who have been through this experience will have some idea of how much impact it will be having on your life.  If you are lucky you may have some instinct that she is still around somewhere and perhaps then you can think of her as your guardian angel.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.