Mum's failed dialysis lines... anyone used Surfacer inside-out catheter system?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there I am new to this foru.

I am desperately trying to research the possibility to get a Surfacer Inside and Out product for my mother as she has exhausted all options for dialysis as her leg line has become infected and our local hospital has had to remove it. Mum has had subclavial, neck, groin lines and also grafs on both her arms and also had a neckline. The students in the hospitals are always interested to see what she has had done. I am at a point of desperation now with my father as our hospital has advised there is no other way to get mum onto dialysis. My question is does anyone in the United Kingdom know of this and which hospital is has been used in? Mum has not had dialysis since wednesday last week and her potassium is hopefully staying at 4.6. I would greatly appreciate any advise anyone can give.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Here is a link for the new tech....

• Posted

Hi,

I have had no experience of the product you speak of, but I have a question, you say your Mum has exhausted all avenues on her heamo  is she not a suitable candidate for peritoneal dialysis.  Some people are not suitable if they have had stomach surgery for example but if this is not the case if you haven't already done so it may be worth a bit of research or a chat with the nephs. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.