Murder\\ Suicide

Posted , 2 users are following.

Wow you have had a very extreme reaction, I've never heard of citalopram doing that before. However it does do some strange things so perhaps it has just exaggerated what you were already feeling? I started on citalopram too and have to say it was the worst drug I have ever experienced. Massively increased anxiety, dry mouth, sickness, shaking, mania I even rang NHS direct as I was so bad on it. It took a good few days to get out of my system after I stopped taking it.

I am now on lithium and mirtazapine. The mirtazapine has been great for me, it's really helped with my sleeping too. No dry mouth and I think it's helped with anxiety too.

Hope it works for you and you start feeling more yourself.

take care

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I have been on Mirtazapine just two weeks and I have been feeling very positive effects from this medication. Before taking it I contemplated suicide regularly for about 6 months. Very difficult to hold down job/relationship when you are feeling like that, and I had a lot of time off work.

Although it is early days I feel a definite lift in mood since being on Mirtazapine.I know I am better because I am starting to see friends again, laughing a lot and wanting to take up hobbies/exercise instead of sitting in my flat sobbing!!! Also very productive at work and relationship is going great.

I have tried every anti depressant under the sun before Mirt and they made me either more depressed/suicidal or gave me horrendous insomnia. This is the only one that has worked well without awful side effects (fingers crossed)

A few months ago I tried Phenelzine (Nardil) and I felt like killing myself on it, and also that I could kill someone else. I am a very gentle person so to have these feelings was absolutely terrifying. Needless to say I went off Nardil pretty damn quick. Anyway good luck with the Mirt I hope it works for you

• Posted

I suffered from terrible work related stress in the past, and I had addiction issues which confused everything, but eventually it was revealed to me that I had CoDependency issues which were colouring my perceptions of authority figures. Codependency was a major factor in my negative thinking. Something to consider maybe.
  • Posted

work related stress is the pits, you feel stupid trying to explain it to anyone, my boss said it was like a school playground, very un sympathetic, our business is in the nhs you would expect better!!! anyway dont let the bullies win, walk away with your head held high and remember you are not alone. i have been on mirtazipine for over four months and i can still loose my rag so it doesnt kill all your emotions!!good luck!
  • Posted

[quote:ec97c7e4e8=\"Nomoregloomplease\"]Hi,

I have been on Mirtazapine just two weeks and I have been feeling very positive effects from this medication. Before taking it I contemplated suicide regularly for about 6 months. Very difficult to hold down job/relationship when you are feeling like that, and I had a lot of time off work.

Although it is early days I feel a definite lift in mood since being on Mirtazapine.I know I am better because I am starting to see friends again, laughing a lot and wanting to take up hobbies/exercise instead of sitting in my flat sobbing!!! Also very productive at work and relationship is going great.

I have tried every anti depressant under the sun before Mirt and they made me either more depressed/suicidal or gave me horrendous insomnia. This is the only one that has worked well without awful side effects (fingers crossed)

A few months ago I tried Phenelzine (Nardil) and I felt like killing myself on it, and also that I could kill someone else. I am a very gentle person so to have these feelings was absolutely terrifying. Needless to say I went off Nardil pretty damn quick. Anyway good luck with the Mirt I hope it works for you[/quote:ec97c7e4e8]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.