MUS

Posted , 2 users are following.

What is next step after Medically Unknown Symptoms ?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have never heard that expression before. Can u elaborate on this? Thanks.
    • Posted

This statement refers to an acknowledgment by the medical profession that they have no known remedies for the particular malady(ies in question.)  .
    • Posted

I've gone thru most obvious sources. My issue falls in the dizziness category. After straining neck/shoulder developed fogginess and dizziness that are present all day. Been to a neurologist, many weeks of therapy, had an MRI,an eye exam, referred to a muskoskeletal MD, had acupuncture, sessions with a Myomassologist and ear tests. All that after a couple sessions with a chiropractor. Currently visiting a psychiatrist for possible anxiety issues.  That is why the Medically Unknown Symptom is the best description of my current state that has been going on for over two years.

• Posted

I've gone thru most obvious sources. My issue falls in the dizziness category. After straining neck/shoulder developed fogginess and dizziness that are present all day. Been to a neurologist, many weeks of therapy, had an MRI,an eye exam, referred to a muskoskeletal MD, had acupuncture, sessions with a Myomassologist and ear tests. All that after a couple sessions with a chiropractor. Currently visiting a psychiatrist for possible anxiety issues.  That is why the Medically Unknown Symptom is the best description of my current state that has been going on for over two years.

• Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.