MUSCLE CRAMPS

Posted , 2 users are following.

Good day to you all.

I was wondering whether anyone has had continuing muscle cramps. I don't mean every minute of the day, but every now and then, but generally every day.

I generally get it in the muscle in the right hand side of neck going into the shoulder and the muscles on the left hand side of the rib cage.

I've recently had a full blood test but this shows NO deficencies in any of the vitamins etc.

It is quite painful, though does not last very long, about 5 minutes a time. Putting any heat or cold pacts on the effective area does not work.

I was wondering whether anyone can give me any idea why this is happening and anything that I can do to minamise the pain.

Many thanks for your time in this matter, it is very much appreciated.

Best regards and a Happy Christmas & Happy New Year to everyone.

Kev  (UK)

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey Kevin.  I tend to get mine over the rest of my body too sometimes, and it is just as you describe.  Mine last around 15 mins or so. Hot water bottles do not help but a massager does so I tend to use one to loosen the muscles and also soothe the nerves. It works for me.  When I mentioned it to my doctor, he said it was due to inactivity around the muscle and nerves concerned, but not sure how accurate that is. 
  • Posted

Hi Kevin: i have had severe cramps in my upper thighs and if I take a calcium magnesium tablet every week or so I do not get the cramps,

If I forget to take the CM tablet and get a cramp I chew up a tablet right away and within a minute or two the cramp is gone !!!!!!

these are over the counter pills and are relatively inexpensive .

Try them 

tom

• Posted

Hi tom

Thanks for your input, certain will not loose anything by trying. Thanks.

Best regards.

Kev  (UK)  smile

• Posted

I just remembered when I got the email prompt regarding messages on here that when I get the cramps around my ribcage, I tend to stretch as far as I can go and take in a very deep breath and hold it for a few seconds and then release it very very slowly and find that the muscles start to relax.  I tend to get the ribcage cramps every day and again, the doc tells me inactivity and not using my muscles. I do live a sedentary life, but every day is pretty bad, however, when I get it in the bathroom or outside and don't have a massager to hand, especially sitting in a cab, the breathing and stretching works wonders. I really hope you can find something to help, as I know it is horrible and painful.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.