Muscle discomfort when sitting at tops of legs, muscle or tendon issue?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

I am posting on here in an attempt to get some answers to a physical problem I’ve experienced for the last 9 months and is causing me great aggravation and discomfort and consequently worry and angst.

I have a discomfort / tight feeling when sitting down between the tops of my legs and my gluteal muscles, it’s extremely aggravating because I have to sit down for my job 8 hours a day, which presumably doesn’t help matters either. It only manifests when I sit and doesn’t when I’m walking around

I feel like it must be a muscle or tendon strain from exercise but nothing I do seems to alleviate it. I’ve put a hold on doing any kind of lower body exercise apart from walking and yoga as these activities seem to aggravate it more.

Has anyone got any idea what this could be and what the answer, if any, might be? The one physiotherapist I saw gave me a lot of vague responses about ‘all the little connections in your body getting weaker as you get older’ and just gave me a list of stretches to do.

Other possible answers I’ve tried to glean from the internet include things like piriformis syndrome and high hamstring tendinopathy but I still don’t really know how to tell which one I’ve actually got.

Any help, insight, recommendations or anyone experiencing similar issues responses greatly appreciated smile

H

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have quite similar symptoms have you had any breakthroughs yet?

I get sore in the sides of my back, I get a burning feeling in my buttock and hamstrings. And yes an uncomfortable feeling in my buttock when sitting for a exetended time

• Posted

Not really to be honest... I think it's probably a muscle / tendon issue but not really sure and no one seems to be able to properly diagnose it.

The things that I've found that help a bit are yoga and meditation, the former because it stretches muscles and strengthens tendons, and the latter because it possibly makes you less stressed about pain and modulates your perceptions of your own pain.

Have you discovered anything that works?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.