Muscle Fasciculations

Posted , 2 users are following.

Really hoping someone has had something similar and found the cause and cure...

I had the Covid booster mid January and by the last week of February, the muscle twitching started all over my body. Not sure if it's related, but thought I would add that piece of information. I've tried stopping all supplements and also changed some of my meds, where I read that they were possible causes of twitching. Propranalol and Nortriptyline, ie.

Upon seeing my concierge doctor, we decided to run a multitude of tests (MRIs EMGs, labs, etc. ) and thankfully ruled out all neuromuscular related diseases and cancers. The big-name viruses have also turned out negative. Due to a micronutrient test ION, my doctor now has me on numerous supplements to optimize my metabolic and overall health. still not helping for the twitching though.

I'd like to look into bacteria possibilities, but was wondering if anyone has had something similar.

Eager for any feedback!!!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

I stopped using nortriptyline recently and had covid vac in Dec 2021.

Similar Issue happened to me too after i took 1 dose of generic Wellbutrin.

I spent many hours researching this and there's so many different variables but from what I see it's how the nerves communicate using and the biochemistry involved.

In one forum here they mention using alpha lipoic acid to assist in repairing nerves.

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/constant-muscle-fasciculations-for-over-a-month-what-is-going-on--644263

Research alpha lipoic acid.

it's good to have a recliner keep your spine in alignment.

when I was at my friend using a recliner helped reduce the twitching. and her comfort helped.

i am taking am EMG this week.

wash out new clothing. get fresh air. moderate excercise.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.