muscle fatigueability

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi....be interesting to hear people's , coping stratedgies and experiences of extreme muscle fatigue, accompanying cramps and pain,,,something i am finding very difficult to manage at present,,,i take noritrypti;ine, baclofen. and pregabalin....

0 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Guy

I have recently gone onto a completely gluten free diet as I have read that many of the symptoms of CFS can be caused by intolerance to wheat. Worth a try perhaps?

• Posted

I hope your gluten free experience helps. It did nothing for me at all. I take a probiotic for my IBS issues and D3 and a B12 complex and that has helped me tremendously. I am almost at my pre-illness level for energy. In fact today I painted part of my bedroom. After that, I tackle painting the bathroom. It feels good to be back in control. I am able to keep my house clean, cook every day, and enjoy some family get togethers again. My wish is for all of you to feel better soon. Whatever it takes for your body, Just don't waste your money on all the light therapies and nickel tests and what not that they come up with. Just a great scam to suck sick people out of more money.......
    • Posted

Thankyou for your post Mary....Good luck with your diet...definitely worth a try...i think i have a mild intolerance to wheat but not enough to cause all my muscle symptoms.....it seems like benign muscle fasiculation syndrome.....who knows....keep me posted on your progress...Guy
    • Posted

Graet news Chloe...long may it continue for you.....did you get any of the above muscle symptoms perhaps?
    • Posted

with muscle burn -even after a few stair steps i sometimes use chalky only stomach settlers - they help. otherwise Q10 200mg dose daily and healthy eating etc. making a comeback but very slow and painful. Gluten free didnt help. More  ME than CFS?
    • Posted

I thought ME and CFS were both the same thing? ME was once known as Yuppie Flu, don't know why but the symptoms are the same and thank goodness both are properly recognised now. I've heard Q10 is good. Does it help you Andrew?
    • Posted

Thanks Guy. Will do. I'm on day three of a totally gluten free diet. Not noticed anything significant as yet but it's early days and I intend to give it a full month!
    • Posted

Wow Chloe. That's very encouraging. I'm so pleased for you. I have heard that B12 can help. I might try some. How much do you take? I have just been diagnosed with low Vit and have started taking 1000iu daily. Enjoy your painting! I long to be able to go for long brisk walks again and look after my two lovely grandchildren. Just no energy for either at the moment! 😞
    • Posted

Hi MAry, Q10 i fond helps both ME adn HEart so... yes!. My GP goes with them being different as one is more fatigue related adn one is more inflamation type resposne related. It depends on who or what you read and i have tended to stay as an ME sufferer rather than CFS accordingly. and easy way of looking at it is if i do things i react stronlgy to that exercise, CFS seems ot be you are tired already... Also indeed both did come under Yuppie flu and yes basically a lot of symptoms overlap. stilll.. i cling to my lable biggrin Yuppie flu was known as such because it was that group of "high achievers" who burnt the candle at both ends and often in the middle too... it became split more when elite athletes started coming down with the same thing, yuppie flu then drifted out of use and CFS and ME were born.Similar cause people doing too much and not getting the recovery they needed though for very different reasons with those two groups. sadly i am in the elite type athlete group not the high achiever with loadsa money...   
    • Posted

you mentioning athlete group, i think thats how i brought on fm / cfs to myself , i was on a weight loss mission a couple of years ago and i  exercised intensely for two years proper hardcore and im sure that is what started this condition i have aside from other health issues
    • Posted

Sorry for the vote keyed in thw rong place. I get what feels like lactic acid burn in muscles when i over do it, overdoing can be taking three steps on the stairs or walking 100m depending on the day. The next day i am just tired from overdoing and then the day after that i hurt with just physical pain. I find i cannot hold things as long before burn sets in. and indeed get fidgity when sat still for too long and have irratated legs than genuinely i have to go and walk around or my legs would go without me... the burn is like doing 400m flat out or a 10ish min sprint on the cycle but now happens as decribed above... as a47.2 400m 54 for the 400mhurdles 22 for the 200m and 10.7 for the 100m you can see my frustration (yes 20 years ago but was still competing up to 5 years ago)  
    • Posted

could have been part of the cause along with other stress (dieting too hard while training and needing food but not getting in what the body needs) other illness flu, chest bugs.. Life stress job or relationship or family, etc Dieting very hard and training very hard are aoften starters for being run down then other bugs then our conditions...
    • Posted

i feel like my muscles are tight all the time , does this happen with you? it hurts just to sit down most of the time
    • Posted

im just coming to terms with the condition, i think i might have had it for a lot longer than i think, do you think it will ever be possible to perform exercise with resonable intensity again?
    • Posted

Hi Andrew. ...having to text with my fingernail...fatigue etc...thanks for your posts...I am bedbound and find it difficult to move without exacerbating neuropathic pain ...burning pain..shooting pain..pinsxand needles....rather challenging existence. ..lol....going to try opiates next week...
    • Posted

guy im sorry to hear that man, what are the opiates?

• Posted

Light therapy boxes are excellent; they really help me!
    • Posted

Hi, My GP prescribed VitD for me and B12 and they do help.  Which probiotic do you use?

I hope I have the same result as you.  Congratulations on your activity level - it must feel good to be able to do all that without dreadful post exertion malaise.

Have you any other tips or advice?  Always keen to hear about other sufferer's protocols.

• Posted

Hi Mary,   I take 500 mcg of B-12 every day and 2000 IU of D3 every day. I also take a probiotic. I find that getting enough rest every night is the key to feeling better but sometimes the insomnia wins.....then I pay for it the next day and get nothing done. I am over the headaches for the most part and the dizziness is not such of an issue any more either. I have been battling this for over 2 years and feel like I am getting my old life back. 

I have to disagree with some people on the forum that think ME and CFS are the same thing. It's just my opinion but I think they are two very different illnesses. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I hope that you too, will also see the start of some small improvements in your health because it will lead to bigger ones. Just don't rush it and it will happen......

• Posted

I did not really suffer from alot of muscle pain or weakness. I did have alot of backaches and headaches. Dizziness was also an issue. At the height of feeling very sick, I had no appetite and had to force myself to eat and it was very little. I would find myself gagging as I tried to eat. I could not brush my teeth without gagging Sometimes I would have dry heaves for no reason. I think that is where the probiotics helped me gain control over that. It's been a long road back to health but I don't take as many backward steps/days. Good luck in finding what works for you. Rest and a good diet is key. I also try to walk every day that the weather permits. good for my mental health, too. 
    • Posted

ouch!!! challenging to say the least!,,, dont give up there will be an improvement but it will take a while. I hope the opiates help
    • Posted

Yes i do, i did first time round and from experience so far i think i wil lagain, just not sure how long this time it will take ot build up to it, remember dont do too much at once it is better to under do than over do!
    • Posted

That's interesting Andrew. I'm a fairly driven person so a good candidate for CFS! I haven't worked in two years after losing my job because of redundancy! I think this has added to my condition as I so want to work but have no energy to do so and yet when I was working I had much more energy! 😳
    • Posted

indeed true to both points you make. and pacing is harder as you have an expectation. This is where i found mindfulness helpful, learn to accept where you are then build up. It is harder to start from expectation than it is from the reality position. the need to succeed also is not good, set wiser goals not ones you think you want to achieve, but ones that are realistic! - also hard to work out.... and accept!
    • Posted

Yes I think acceptance is key. I keep wanting to get back to where I was before losing my job. It was 18 hours a week and very manageable with the CFS as I was able to pace myself around it and work flexi hours so on a bad day I would take it easy. Finding a job like that again has proved impossible so I feel down that I will never work again. I'm 58 and can't retire until 66 thanks to the raising of the pension age! At the moment I feel like I am wading through treacle every day and even getting out for a walk has been difficult lately thanks to a decrease in my already depleted energy levels! 😞
    • Posted

ok first target, walk 50 yards out and back when this is comforatble increas by 25 yards... when comfortable... do not on a good day go oooh i can do double today that will set you back, just stick to the plan.... as to working do some volunteering stuff, just to see what you can do.. obviously when you have yourself trained to walk a few hundred yards first though. just a thought... again walk to a target you can do but not push yourself too and increase very gradually perhaps each increase after 5 days of doing the distance... or indeed 10 days...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.