Muscle issues

Posted , 5 users are following.

Heres another fun symptom Ive been having...

For the past several months, my muscles will involuntarily jerk (or micro-jerk may be the better description) randomly throughout the day. Its kinda like when you go to the doctors office and they test your knee reflexes...its like that...but on a much smaller scale and it occurs in all of my extremities during my wake hours. It could be happening while I'm asleep as well, but it seems subtle enough that it wouldn't keep me awake. Is this common with CFS?

Went to the neuro doc and (based on his basic "squeeze my fingers, follow my finger with your eyes test") said I was fine and that 15-25% of all neuro symptoms are idiopathic. Ugg...really? Who knew I was seeing a psychic neurologist?!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi this is common with m e chronic fatigue ,i had this in the early stages of chronic fatigue im not sure how long you have had the condition but im now pretty much recovered ,i still have constant musle twitching all the time in my legs the doctors have no clue why it happens its visibld bit it causes no pain i hops it settles down for you try not to worry

• Posted

Yea that happened to me. I had all sorts of tests which didn't find anything wrong. I think i've just got used to ignoring it now!

• Posted

had it last night. my legs and hips were really sore yesterday and when i went to bed my leg started going for a run! I had to get up and do some stretches,which was painful in itself. But I did find after stretching my legs out and a couple of ibroprofen they calmed down.

Good Luck and a speedy recovery.xx

• Posted

My calves are almost constantly twitching......it looks awful. I can feel the twitches sometimes when they are bad in bed at night. I have to say though I have had these twitches off and on for years, long before the present fatigue. Doctors have simply said they are benign, and are exacerbated by my present illness.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.