Muscle low pain, arms, legs

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi! Not sure this is the right forum.

Since several years I am experiencing bizarre symptoms: now and then I feel low-level pain in the arm and leg muscles. The pain kind of moves through the muscles, up and down and again and again. It is more or less like the sore muscles after a strong workout, but it moves, it does not stay in the same place in the muscles.

After this muscle "moving pain", I feel like the body temperature raises, and it comes a body lethargy.

This forces me to stop doing what I am doing, and doze. After around 10-20 minutes on this lethargy (I do not sleep, I  feel like I am paralyzed), I feel my muscles and body strength coming back again. In one or two minutes I am good to go again. And I can go back to what I was doing. I feel good, vigorous and it seems nothing had happened.

This seems not to have any cycle, it happens every  couple of days and sometimes I am free of this during one or two weeks. I discussed this issue with a couple of physicians, they either do not care or do not know/are not willing to investigate the causes.

The problem is when I am working, it takes me a superhuman effort not to doze on the desk! Sometimes I need to go quickly to the toilet in order to have some privacy and I sit on the vase, lock the door doze in my knees and can wait until the cycle muscle pain-body temperature-lethargy passes away and my body strength comes back and I can go back to work.

Thinking about it, I started to have those symptoms around 20 years ago, but now they are more frequent and are bothering me/complicating my work.

I wonder if anybody have heard of this symptoms. Any advice/hint/guess is welcome.

Rgs

EM

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I’m having a problem somewhat similar to this right now. Stiff sore thigh muscles not associated with activity. I have associated the stiffness with becoming extremely tired (not fatigued). But this symptom has only been going on for a month or two. Mine is also associated with balance issues. There are many diseases similar to what we have, but diagnosis can be difficult. My neurologist thinks it may be associated with my myasthenia gravis, but I have never had symptoms like this in the past. I would suggest you see a neurologist, preferably in a large multidisciplinary practice where they have seen more uncommon diseases. This could be autoimmune or genetic. You might try looking through the GARD and NORD databases on the internet.

The Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center (GARD)

National Organization of Rare Diseases (NORD)

• Posted

Hi Peter. Thank you for pointing me to the next steps. I am following your advice. Thanks.

• Posted

Hi EM2018

There have been quite of a-lot of discussion around these kind [products] helping with pain. Maybe its worth looking into..

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.