Muscle mass loss and left side dull pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm losing muscle from whole left side of my body. It is from face, shoulder , hand and legs. I did MRI and few other tests but not much luck finding why it is causing. I saw a post from 2015 in here with same issue. Can anyone help me or having same issue. Thanks in advance ! 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I have a similar issue. Approx 2 yrs ago I noticed I had loss of muscle from my right calf. I have had various MRI's , nerve stimulation tests and muscle biopsy. Tests showed both my legs were affected by muscle changes even though symptoms were only noticeable on one side. I have seen various neurologists and have been referred to a professor at Newcastle who has done further tests, these were done last July 2016 and I'm still waiting results but this apparently is normal. I take amytryptaline at night which help me sleep. They are looking at muscular dystrophy and ion channelopathy. 

• Posted

Hi Ellen. How's you hope you've improved or they've figured you out. I still have my same problem I'm going. Ack to London on 8th next moth for pet/mri scan so hope proffessor Riley can figure me out. I recently broke my pelvis so I've been getting over the opp from that I've got plates and screws in me now also Ggrr. Hope you reply would be nice to keep in touch omg it was so. I've to message you when I was first in hospital end of last year 

• Posted

Hi Terry

good to hear from you. Not much change here I'm afraid . I'm still waiting for  results of blood tests taken last July by Prfessor Volker at Nescastle.Apparently my blood and muscle sample are at Queens Square in London. I am getting weaker, my arms especially. The Amytriptyline still helps at night. Sorry to hear about your accident.

regards Ellen

• Posted

Omg wish they could sort us out  channelopathy. Never heard of that ? 

You're waiting a long time for results omg  I'd be looking into that.  I'm in the same situation though if you kick of about stuff and cause some one hassle you risk annoying them and we're in their hands army we so we have to be careful what we do x I surely hope you get some answers soon. At moment my right leg feels like it's a block of wood it feels totally different to my left leg and I'm getting the muscle twitching coming back all over my body so it's quite annoying and scared but my wife is sick of me mentioning now which I understand but it takes over your life doesn't tot when you have pain constant pain. X hope you have a better than normal day today regards Terry 

• Posted

Yes Terry it is so frustrating, I just think if they could give me a diagnosis then perhaps I could take something to help the symptoms ! I know exactly what you mean when you talk about your leg feeling like a lump of wood ! It's as if it's "solid" no "spring" left in it ! I have regular blood tests at my local hospital to check my CK levels and ESR but they are only slightly raised.

I have been referred to an independent living centre for more specific physio but I'm waiting for appointment due to long waiting list. My consultant is chasing up results from Newcastle.

Hope you get some help soon 

Ellen x

• Posted

Hi

CK is creatine kinase . This level rises to show severe breakdown of muscle tissue. 

ESR Erythrocyte sedimentation rate shows signs of inflammation such as fibromyalgia

• Posted

I have similar problem muscle waisting just on my right side though in my calf and bum muscle but I do have muscle twitching all over I've had tests and waiting now to have pet/MRI scan. It's not nice not knowing is it. I'm 50 yrs old just been made redundant also so bit peed of at minute let's hope we get figured out.  Don't google to much its scary 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.