Muscle/nerve symptoms anyone??

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I've been through the whole anxiety thing for going on five years now, and I have done my fair share of worrying in that timeframe. Anyway, I've been having a lot of muscle/nerve symptoms… Numbness, tingling, really bad muscle spasms, weakness, eye floaters, dots in vision, etc... The obvious is MS or other related illnesses. But before I worry about any of that, I wanted to ask if anyone else was experiencing similar symptoms..? If so, what? Thanks

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

And pretty much on the daily, btw.
  • Posted

The only doctor who can rule out anything with all this is a rhematoid doctor. Otherwise you will be told its anxiety and it very well can be but to truely know it would be a rhematoid doctor they also do all auto immune stuff. Any gp if explained correctly would get you a referral. Pending in what country you live there most likely a wait time. Unless you have private insurance or live in the usa.
  • Posted

I've been experiencing similar things. You're not alone. It all started after my first panic attacks April of last year. The eye problems have been a thing since around September. I get white quick flashing dots in my vision. They're annoying. They arent moving dots either. Its like theres a really bright light there momentarily before it disappears. I also get things like random muscle twitching, although it's calmed down these past few weeks. I noticed when I'm stressed, the symptoms get worse. I have so many eye floaters but eye floaters aren't anything to worry about really. Numbness used to be a big problem to me a few months ago. That has went away. Tingling and other things like that used to be a very bad reoccurring thing although even that has subsided. Since I've been worriless, I haven't been feeling as many symptoms. Just relax about it for now. I wouldn't let this stuff bother you. I've already been through a brain scan and thorough blood test. I even had a blood test earlier this month and I came up clean. It's all in your head.

• Posted

Dear Amber.

Yes i often get numbness to my fingers and occasional tunnel vision effects.

• Posted

I have extreme health anxiety and deal with muscle twitches daily. They aren't painful though. There is a big difference between a spasm and twitch. I have had eye floaters all my life. When my anxiety really fires up I can get tingling and perceived weakness in my arm. It's happened in my leg too. Don't google your symptoms whatever you do!

• Posted

Oh, I learned not to Google my symptoms a long time ago! Lol

My right foot/big toe has been numb for a long time. I can still move it and feel with it but it almost feels like I have a piece of tape on it.. I notice it gets worse sometimes and not so bad at others. There's often a random blue spot in my vision. I have pretty much every symptom in the book, but I really don't worry about them… I just try to ignore them and wait for them to go away, but they never do.

Thank you, to everyone who replied, I do appreciate it! smile

• Posted

YES YES!!

Amber I had those symptoms starting in my 20s and I thought I had MS. Fortunately I did not have that disease.  I want you to know that I am now in my 50s and I'm still here!!    Everyone of those symptoms you have I experienced and occasionally still get some but I know now how to manage them. So don't worry about any dreadful disease however I always recommend getting checked up by your doctor and then when your test come out OK you can relax. Then  learn how to control the anxiety. When I first got this nobody was on the Internet so I didn't have this kind of support. Imagine how terrified I was thinking I was the only one in the world! 

mine started with weakness and tingling of the arms and legs, floaters in the eyes, ringing in the ears, weird head feeling, muscle twitching and more. I thought I was really really sick.     Even now when I get overly anxious or have negative thinking I can get some of those symptoms back but I know now how to get rid of them. It's amazing how stress and anxiety can produce so many symptoms but it can!!

i'd like to share with you some of the things that have helped me a lot in reduced or eliminated  symptoms when I was very anxious:

1.  what I did was first of all speak with a counselor. They see this on a daily basis and have the tools to help you manage this. Anxiety and stress is difficult to manage on our own and it really helps to talk to someone else. I keep going even when I start to feel  better because it's like a lifeline for me. Find a counselor you feel comfortable with. Remember....FEAR  stands for false evidence appearing real.   Which means sometimes when we have symptoms we think they are related to some terrifying disease, when in reality the odds are much higher that they are not.   Our minds  will go to the negative if we let it, so we must be in control.

Don't let fear take you over! Be a fighter for yourself! 

2.   Secondly, I go to Google or YouTube and look up meditative audios on anxiety or negativity. I put in my earbuds and lie down and listen to them. They completely  calm down my brain and body to the point where I almost feel like I'm floating. This is such a great thing to do for your brain and overall health. I do this a couple times a day  specially when I'm laying down to sleep. There are many to choose from just pick the ones that you like. There's also positive affirmation ones that are helpful too.

it will just calm everything down when you  are having an acute anxiety attack 

3.   Stay active! The worst thing you can do is sit around and think too much about all this. It will bring on more anxiety. As well as the symptoms. When I exercise my body completely calms down and the symptoms often go completely away. 

3.   Stay social! This helps keep your mind off your worries. The less you are alone the better at least until you manage your anxiety. Just do things that you enjoy. 

4.   When  feeling anxious or anytime you'd like, do deep breathing. Breathing through your nose for about five seconds and make sure your stomach rises. Then exhale through your lips as though you're blowing out a candle slowly for another five seconds. Do this as many times a day as you need to. It helps if you're lying down but you can also do  it's sitting. 

5.    Eat healthy! Stay away from processed foods especially sugar. Sugar has an inflammatory response including in the brain. This will just increase your anxiety and can possibly bring on depression. 

You are not going to die! As horrible as anxiety symptoms FEEL, THEY CANNOT  kill you!   I have had them for many many years on and off and now I pretty much ignore them but I do try to stay as healthy as possible and do those five things I listed above. The meditation audios really are excellent please try them and do them often !

You will be fine  once you get this under a little control.  You will have a long great life and you deserve peace and happiness.

I hope this helped you a little bit at least. 

• Posted

Thank you so much for your detailed response! I will take it all into consideration! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.