Muscle pain 

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone. Hope you are all well. 

I am on 50mg of Sertraline, week 3. I have had the worst two weeks where i was sick, dizzy, anxious, loss of appetite and ironically even more depressed than beginning. The last two days i have had the worst aches in my calfs. Has anyone else ever had this side effect? My doctor told me to keep taking the tablet despite any side effect other than feeling suicidal but i feel awful! Worried about the muscle pain. I googled it and have seen a couple of people years ago say they have had this but i was wondering if anyone on here has? 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

No I haven’t experienced that side effect. But all the others. I’m so sorry you’re going through this. It’s bad in the beginning. But it does get better. It’s slow acting. 

Did the doctor give you anything to help you through these side effects?  

• Posted

awww it’s awful! I haven’t been given anything for the pain. I’ve just been taking paracetamol. I didn’t realiae the side effects were going to be this bad, i just passed it off as any other medication things may go wrong. Feel like the information sheet is a tick list and i’m going down them all lol!! 

Hope your well! Thank you for replying xx

• Posted

Hi Clo, I definitely have had that side effect, I've felt it in my arms, my feet, my quads, and my calfs, all at different times. It has become almost non existent now, but I had them in the first few weeks. 

• Posted

Ahhh! Not that i wish anyone to experience the pain but i’m glad to hear i’m not the only one. How long did it last? 
    • Posted

Don't take ibuprophen...not good with sert.

These side effects will pass. Don't over think stuff. Write a to do list each day

Good luck

🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄

• Posted

Hey Clo, my muscle pain still happens from time to time but it's not near as painful when it does. It's more now like the soreness you have after a real good workout. But to answer  your question the worst of the pain lasted a few weeks then started feeling much better after the 3rd week. 

• Posted

Thank you! I will avoid Ibupropfen. 

To do list’s are the only thing that gets me through the days! 

Thank you for replying. Xxx

• Posted

Hi Joe! Awww that sounds horrible. I haven’t had it anywhere else bar my calfs but the pain is so bad! Hoping it doesn’t last as long as yours has. Hope your well Xxx
    • Posted

Thank you Clo I'm feeling a little better as the days go on!! Hope you get to feeling better as well!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.