Muscle pain for two months, Need urgent help.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have upper body muscle pain mainly on the forearms and sometimes on the shoulders and traps. My doctor said it is a upper body muscle chain issue, though most of the pain is felt on the biceps, triceps and forearm tendons.I have done bodybuilding but I cannot lift now due to this pain. The skin on the opposite part of my elbow (where it bends) has red spots ever since this incident. It has been two months since I had this pain and has not become any better. The pain can come when I'm resting or active. To be noted i have a thoracic spinal curve of 32 degrees (scoliosis). 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Muscle pain is not necessarily arthritis. Arthritis is degeneration of bones and cartilage. It can be rheumatoid (generally more serious) or osteo in nature. Both are very painful, irreversible and life altering. Inflammation and bone to bone friction cause the pain and also can cause muscles to tense up and spasm, causing more pain. That is what you might be experiencing, if you have arthritis. Or your muscle pain could be related to something else. A simple xray can usually reveal or rule out arthritis. Best to visit a doctor and find out what's happening. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.