Muscle pain on simvastatin

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi i'm new on Statin forum , I just wanted to know if statins can cause pains in calf muscles plus dizzeness ,

by interfering with  L-lysine  according to dr google (net) it seems

yes , i just wondered if any one else has ever read about the corelation Statin/ lysine ,does statins deplete lysine ,it seems we need lysine to build musles . thanks tony

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I believe so.  I was on it for six months.  Felt dizzy amongst other symptoms and had calf muscle cramps and terrible wastage.  Do you exercise?  I think exercise and statins depletes muscle restoration, I think we need cholesterol to repair muscles, I came off them and it took a year for the muscles to get better.  
  • Posted

Hi,

I know nothing about Lysine but I do about statins, particularly simvastatin. The pains deep in my arms started me researching after only a couple of weeks. I stopped them after what I found.  Hunt around, there's bound to be info somewhere re lysine. Are you losing weight? 

• Posted

I know nothing about lisine. I did take simvistatin for a little over a year,had no problems til after the 1 year mark,cramping arms ,legs and back,tingling sensations,numbness in arms, feet hurt,burned and felt i w as standing on a cactus and yes lightheaded while laying down. I chose to quit them. Took over 2 years but most symptoms gone.
  • Posted

Hi Anthony - Yes, yes, and yes. Yes, I had muscle pain in calves, arms and shoulders. Two years after throwing statins away I still have bouts of muscle discomfort. Yes, I also fainted flat on my face in the city street on two occasions, and had multiple instances of dizziness - but not after giving up that poison. And yes, L-lysine is necessary for muscle growth and function. Other symptoms of statin poisoning is hair loss, memory loss, inflamed or enlarged liver, type 2 diabetes, joint aches, phantom itches, vitamin D deficiency, rhabdomyolysis (a muscle wasting disease) - and the list goes on. All those things the doctor will never mention are risks, and will deny are statin-related when they manifest. Best advice from a survivor - focus on diet and exercise.
    • Posted

Hi Wayne ,thanks for replying , I've been on statins over 20 years now ,due to DVT left leg ,but over the years been on blood pressure meds ,i have nearly all the problems you mentioned ,(exercise i can hardly walk lol)but come to the conclusion It's the bendroflumethiazide(water tabs) i take , In my mind i think been taking them all wrong, If the water tabs get rid of fluids because of build up in kidneys from tablets,

I have been taking water tablet at same time as blood pressure meds, so blood pressure meds being washed out before they do any good ,(problems ,Problems idea) but might be wrong, them water tabs start working about a hour after taking them and last most of the day & night.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.