Muscle pains and trouble

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey all, ive been having alot of what i think is muscle pain for a couple of years now.. 

i get pains in my lower legs all the time especially after running, i have also been having alot of trouble with forearm muscles being very painful after use. 

Chest muscle pains in the centre and down the left side of my ribs.. 

i get alot of back, neck, shoulder pain and between the shoulders..

aswell as what i can only assume as my diaphragm muscles not working properly.. 

have just recently found out i have mild cervicothoracic scoliosis convex to the left, subtle mid thoracic scoliosis convex to the right roughly in the t7/8, straightening oh cervical lordosis and 17mm pelvic unlevelling high on left side and femoral head high 17mm on the left also.. 

could these be the cause of my pain and discomfort?...

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes I think it could be although I'm not a doc, I would suggest you go see a good chiropractor who can align your spine, it's amazing what these guys can do if you get a good one.

I see my chiro twice per week, he sometimes puts my neck in traction as I have lordosis, multi level bone spurs and disc bulges, The lordosis has not progressed in 5 years, I also have pressure on my spinal cord in the thoracic area t2-6 from a cyst which causes muscle spasms, I hope this helps😊

• Posted

Thanks for the reply caroline! 

I have just started seeing a chiropractor and have only had 2 sessions so far but am back again next week.. 

Hoping to get some results as some of the pains are very disturbing and the numbness and tingling i get is starting to freak me out haha

• Posted

Brill, Ye sometimes the pain can be worse but once it's starts settling youl feel the benefits, stick with it and once he's got you sorted it will just be a maintenance plan after that but I couldn't recommend them highly enough, sometimes I'm so bad I can't make appointments for a month or so and when I go back he says it's like treating me for the first and it definitely feels like it, I hope you get some relief soon, maybe try ice packs for 20 mins an hour and see if that helps, good luck😊

• Posted

Yeh its just going to come down to affordability for me haha have a heap of other health tests to get done aswell as seeing the chiropractor but i hope it can ease the pain and all the other symptoms.. 

thanks again for the help!

• Posted

I totally understand and that's the difficult part, there is treatment out there to help you get better but unless you have endless pots of money you have to suffer😢 😊

• Posted

Hi kurt19299, if you have exercise intolerance, that is prolonged muscle pain and weakness after exercise, then you should also rule out any metabolic disorders. For more information, you can search the internet for metabolic muscle disorders.

The other thing you should rule out is any deficiency that may interfere with the function of your muscles. 

Two years back I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism which in my case caused severe muscle pain and muscle wasting. The muscle pain improved after taking medication to restore normal thyroid levels. Many hyperthyroid patients have an L-Carnitine deficiency. I started to take L-Carnitine supplements and it has helped to speed up the recovery of my muscles.  

• Posted

Hi dan thanks for the reply,

my doctors think its all normal and are just saying i have anxiety as ive had numerous tests done and everything okay.. thyroid included. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.