Muscle problems and vision disturbance

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

Hi,

I’m kind of clutching at straws here looking for some advice.

I’m 30 years old age and approximately 3.5 weeks ago I had what felt like three severe jolts of pain to the back of my head.  Every since this happened I haven’t been my normal self.  

The pain felt like someone had punched me in the back of my head. This resulted in confused speech, tremor, weakness or ridgidity in right side of arm and leg with vision becoming really blurry (like I just sank a whole bottle of spirit).  My head was rolling like I wanted to pass out and I become confused and off balance.    I got taken to hospital, CT scan was clear and bloods were fine. I was told I had a migraine and told to rest. 

By the end of week one things hadn’t improved. My balance was off, my vision still in and out and confusion and memory trouble was still there.  I continued to rest as told until nearing the end of the week, I thought I should try doing something.  I only went to the chip shop and again I could feel tremors starting, head rolling, swaying all over the shop (I must have looked like a drunk). I sat in the shop, I couldn’t focus, I couldn’t talk well, my eyes were bright red and I had this uncontrollable urge to cry. It become unbearable so we called an ambulance.  I returned to hospital and due to the fact I can’t hold my arm out straight and lift it up without it feeling it weighed a ton (as with my leg) they kept me in.  I seen the neurologist the next day and he didn’t really give me an answer as such, other than he would refer me cognitive therapy as it could be stress.  I don’t feel any doctor has listened to me at this point, I’m a really happy person, I enjoy life, I don’t have headaches, I’m not sensitive to light, I don’t feel there is no way out... I oddly cannot stress this enough yet no one listens. 

After another week at home I find the visual disturbances are becoming more frequent and I now cannot lift my left arm. I tremble like a 90 year old, it seems to be progressing.  My GP has sent me to A&E many times and they literally send me away. I really am becoming reluctant to visit doctors because of this. 

It’s really impacting on my every day life, I have a stutter or say ummm every other sentence, that was never there before. I get lost or struggle remembering things. I’m basically just not my former self right now.

They never did a MRI to start with as I presume because the CT was fine, it just wasn’t needed. I now have to wait for this however I’m just wondering if anyone has experienced the same? 

I fit many of the MS symtoms however I don’t have problems lifting my legs or tripping.  I do get odd sensations, pins and needles in lips, hands or feet can feel numb, any loud noise and I jump a mile! My ears have been checked and that’s all ok.  I have pain in my hips, a hugging sensation in my tummy.  I don’t get racing heart or any fear or panic, I’m actually quite chilled considering I have no idea what’s happening. 

Any ideas would be appreciated

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If this continues or becomes worse have them look for guillan Barre syndrome or transverse myelitis.

Because of the pins and needles. Read and see if these fit your symptoms. Transverse myelitis can be seen on MRI guillan Barre has to be spinal fluid checked but iant always positive so you can still have it even if the csf is negative. Hope you improve and they help you. The neurologist should have checked for these just to be safe.

• Posted

I’m waiting on the MRI, my GP was in complete shock that hasn’t been done already.  

It never seems to subside.  I have difficulty walking also, it’s like my hips are jiggling and kinda like I’m doing some little dance side to side when I walk.  

I haven’t exactly been well looked after as such. I attend and they kind of look at as it to say, pull yourself together.  I do everything they ask but it’s not letting up.  I’m usually fit and healthy. 

• Posted

Apologies for not making sense sometimes. My cognitive function is not the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.