Muscle Spasm, Twitching And Numbness?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Two days ago my left leg (down part) started some kind of twitching, after some time (not a lot 2-3 hours) my muscles had some kind of spasms, not painfull. The spasms happen on my limbs (legs, hands) kind of randomly i think

Yesteday evening i was feeling some kind of numbness in my left leg, i think it spreaded from the bottom of my leg to the top...

Could you help me and tell me what is happening?

Also, i dont feel any pain, and the numbness is not severe, but my left leg feels kind of weak, i think the feeling of numbness is making it weak, i dont know tho (i am not sure my leg is numb, but it is feeling this way

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, this could signal a number of conditions possibly but all I can say is these are identical symptoms to the ones I had before I was diagnosed with MS - about 2 years later!  This is now 15 y ago so they may be more speedy in their diagnosis - but some people have no further symptoms, ever. My MS is fairly benign - I am 64, can still walk, ride my horse and go to a Personal Trainer to keep muscles functioning. I also follow a Paleo diet which keeps me healthy. Very best of luck. X
  • Posted

Hi,

Muscle spams, etc are normally caused by the brain firing the incorrect signals to muscles, hence this can lead, or be the beginning of something much bigger. I would book an appointment with doctor ASAP, who will probably refer you see a Neurologist Consultant, do not let them just brush you off with tablets and see you in 12 months which happens in some cases.

Like Dorothy stated she was diagnosed with MS 2 years later after. I, myself took the same path but I do not have MS, I have Generalized Dystonia, with Epilepsy seizures and Functional Episodes - and all this started from pins and needles and twitching in my neck - it took nearly 2 years to diagnose and even then that was by an American Professor in Neurology I had to meet in London every 3 months.

It is better to be safe than sorry, and the quicker you are diagnosed the better.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

i cant say im not panicked, because i am only 16 yrs old...
    • Posted

Hi Savvidis,

Numbness is normally checked in hospitals or doctors, by using a tool which has a rubber disc at one end and a point at the other. If you've got a numbness on any limb you would not feel the point if it was run across any part of the limb. I know you are young, but you should take note of anything that is abnormal regardless of your age. Ignoring something that you've not encountered before is the wrong approach, especially when it is medical related, you could look back later in life wishing you had got checked before.

Numbness, twitching and muscle spasms are all related to the nervous system. I was 22 years old when I had an accident, there is no cure for what is wrong with me, only controlled by drugs, and that is horrible - considering I'm on over 140+ tablets a week.

Regards,

Les.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.