Muscle spasms

Posted , 12 users are following.

hello my fellow peri warriors. I have a new symptom that started couple of days ago. I have muscle spasms and twitches around my right knee and in small area under my bottom lip. At first it was maybe 2 or 3 times a day but today I woke up and it's pretty much on and off every few seconds. Anyone else have this symptom? I am so sick of peri, every few days something new shows up. when will it be over? not to mention my ear ringing that's been constant. However my period became so regular for past 3 months (it was all over the place for almost a year).

2 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have muscle twitches in my temple, eye lids, neck, fingers they come and go i just ignore them now, i used to get really upset. I also have the ear ringing it drives me mad. Everyday there seems to be something else it exhausting x My periods are all over the place, i went 58 days last time so when it comes again I have no idea x

• Posted

Hello I feel like I keep saying me too today to everyones posts lol, I sure do have this and drives me insane!!!! I feel like mine have gotten so much worse I twitch everywhere eyelids face arms legs butt just random all over, ive posted before seems lots of menopausal woman do experience this one...

• Posted

I get muscle spasms and twitches all over. Face, arms, stomach, legs feet... everywhere. Have had nerve conduction tests, scans, mri's, bloodwork several times and all testing normal. I have horrible non stop ear ringing too. My worst symptoms now are balance / dizzy issues and brain fog.

• Posted

love you ladies, thank you for responding to my post. I feel bit relieved, yet feel so frustrated for all of us. Why do some of us have to go through hell when others just breeze through peri.

• Posted

I too get these and it is very annoying to say the least. however my newest symptom is muscle pain in my arms that are so intense at times I just want to scream. I keep telling myself that it could be worse but when you're dealing with it and the pain wakes you up at night, you ask yourself if it could get any worse. the answer to that is yes, yes it can! hang in there ladies, I know it feels like peri are trying to kill us but it won't. Hope everyone has a good day!

• Posted

HI, I also have muscle twitches but mostly in the back and left eye. Today i woke up and feeling like I ran a marathon, legs and arms ache.

i agree, some new sympton comes up almost everyday!!

• Posted

i too get the muscle spasms/ twitches electric surges , I posted recently

about this with worry and didnt realise how many peri woman had this along with anxiety it just heightens it ! Another symptom to add to the long list !

• Posted

I've been getting muscle spasms, too, but only at night when I'm trying to fall asleep, mostly when I'm trying to fall back asleep after my 3:00 AM wakeup. They seem to happen randomly throughout my body - a finger twitch, an ankle flick, sometimes it feels like it's right in the middle of my body. Still hoping this is just a peri symptom and not something scary like MS.

• Posted

I'm having these little twitches all over my body too. Legs, arms, stomach, shoulder, and just under my right eye. It is very scary and is in a different place every time so I feel like I'm under attack. I also get weird shooting pain in my hands and arms. I have low iron and prediabetic blood sugar levels so I'm not sure how this might be contributing. I even thought it might be MS or Parkinson's and I actually went in and had an MRI done. They found nothing at all wrong! I'm just hoping it is only perimenopause and that these weird symptoms will go away. Now yesterday I had a strange sensation in my throat as if it were closing up and also pain in my chest and a feeling like pulsating in my stomach so I am tempted to tell my doctor but I believe then she would run a lot of unnecessary tests because it could just part of be the perimenopause. It seems to get worse right before my period.

• Posted

ive been to 3 doctors and they all said anxiety and they wouldnt refer me ,as no other symptoms to indicate anything else , my husband is 100% convinced its hormones and after reading more and more comments from ladies on this site makes me think my husband is right ! its too coincidental ! isnt it ? x

• Posted

I am so sorry you ladies are experiencing the same terror as me! I have no idea if I'm perimenopausal or not but have been having constant muscle twitches and sometimes jerks all over my body for the last month or so. This was coupled with difficulty swallowing, and the feeling that my arms and hands didn't really belong to me anymore, intense aching in both arms and so on.. I was off work when this was coupled with health anxiety I have never experienced the like of before in my life...

I've since had bloods, MRI of brain and nerve conduction tests done and all docs assure me there is nothing seriously wrong with me. Dr Google was nearly the death of me so now it is supportive forums and nothing else. I had hoped once I was given the all clear my symptoms would go away but they are all still here and I'm now having to pretend I'm not worried anymore to give my family a break from my constant anxiety and need for reassurance.

I'm on a waiting list for CBT for the anxiety and taking beta blockers while I wait for a neck scan in the new year to rule out disc issues. I will ask the nurse to test my hormones next week, but am wee bit scared of it not being peri!! (anxiety again.....)

• Posted

All of your symptoms are so much like mine! If it is really only peri, and not the onset of a neurological disorder, I will be so happy. My grandmother developed Parkinsons in her early 50s so I am always fearing I will get it too. I am annoyed that doctors do not seem to know anything about perimenopause. Hang in there ladies, and don't be anxious. It has to be our hormones.

• Posted

Yeppers...around my eyes, around my lips, temples, forearms, legs, and weirdly on my buttcheek and the tip of my middle finger. I chuckle at the butt and finger because perimenopause can kiss my you-know-what and I only have one finger in mind for all of this nonsense.

• Posted

Hello

I am 55 and into menopause finally. I also have an intermittent numb knee, muscle spasms, tingling in my fingers and toes and tinnitus for 15 months. If I am busy symptoms disappear but I worry they may be something else. I have had my ears checked and all okay. I just hate feeling so odd so I know exactly how you feel. I guess hormones really do mess you up during this phase of life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.